A Black Metal Comedy, in the vein of Spinal Tap!

Harlequin Forest

www.thsmetal.com
Jul 19, 2005
Manchester, England
www.thsmetal.com
Over on gayspace we came across this dude that has made the quintessential black metal comedy, and if like many opeth fans, you think that black metal is overtly comical and silly, then you will like this.

I think even the most hardened BM fan wil have a laugh at this genius:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5013168373612168936&q=legalize+murder&pl=true

Hope I am the first person to bring this genius here, it really needs to be publicised throughout the metal world.

Enjoy. :Smokin:

Well, I'm quite into Black Metal actually, without thinking it being that comical or whatever else (listening to the newest Keep Of Kalessin album, "Armada" would prove it to you !!) but i'm not against taking the piss out of it actually !! So i'm downloading it right now, thanks a lot !!

Bringing any form of art down a peg or two is a great idea, occasionally art get's to big for it's boots and starts to think it's the big influence on politics and socionomics, it is not. Any kind of music which takes itself too seriously needs to be put back in it's place.

Exactly.

Any music which takes itself too seriously also becomes utterly rediculous. Besides which the bands which do so tend to be shite...consider Mayhem. By the way for anyone who hasn't been told already, on the subject of bands taking themselves too seriously, it turns out Darkthrone were taking the piss all along....:O

was funny for about the first 20 minutes until the one joke they were riding throughout the whole thing got dull

JoeVice said:
has anyone ever seen "a great wind?" i think thats what its called. its basically this same sort of thing, but its about folk music...pretty funny.

I think you'll find its called 'A Mighty Wind' directed by Christopher Guest. Mr Guest played the legendary Nigel Tuffnell in Spinal Tap. Guest has since directed many similar movies such as Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman. These films contain unique stle of humour, reeal subtle.

FUBAR said:
I think you'll find its called 'A Mighty Wind' directed by Christopher Guest. Mr Guest played the legendary Nigel Tuffnell in Spinal Tap. Guest has since directed many similar movies such as Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman. These films contain unique stle of humour, reeal subtle.

yah, thats it. "that kiss...was probably not only one of the greatest moments in music, but in all of human existence."