A Brief Update Regarding CPF 2010

Chris Lotesto

Uncle Fester
Aug 6, 2004
www.ionvein.com
Happy New Year Chicago Powerfest fans, all the best in 2010 to you and yours!

Since the closing of the Pearl Room, we have yet to find a suitable venue to accommodate
the needs and vision of CPF but will continue searching. We will keep you posted on any
breaking developments here on the forum, on our website and on our myspace page, and
still have hope of bringing you a 2010 edition of the festival!

As always, thank you beyond words for your patience, support, and encouragement, we truly
appreciate it, you guys are the best! :headbang:

Rock on!
Chris, Rob & John
CRJ Productions

sounds good, guys!

how about Reggie's? not much backstage room, seems like it would be cheaper to use, plus that restaurant nextdoor that's attached has that stage for acoustic things.

personally, I loved that venue when I saw Novembers Doom and Woods of Ypres. not sure what hotels are like around there, though

I don't know. I just don't see Reggies working for this type of show. There would not be enough parking, I wouldn't think. Also, out of towners, the bands and people wanting to stay overnight close to the venue would end up paying way too much to stay in a hotel. I briefly looked into this and the cheapest I could find was the Best Western, which is a mile away for $130/night, which is ridiculous for a Best Western.
Reggies is a nice venue and I enjoyed the last time I was there, but I don't think it would be so great for a fest.

I'd get a hotel close to any red line stop and take the train to the show and back. Train stop is a block away. You can get there early enough and enjoy some good beer and food.

Reggies is a great place. Saw Amebix there. And guys you can get a hotel in china town. Its not that far. Barely a mile walk from Reggies.

And mine was like 90 bucks for 2 beds for 1 night. And yes everything worked fine.

In May the weather is great for a nice walk.

Discounted parking nearby. So basically you may have to walk 2 and 1/2 miles your first day and then around 2 for the other days you go.

If I was going 2-3 days I think I would backpack it from the EL to the hotel to avoid spending like 100 bucks on parking overtime.

The neighborhood is fine. I walked back from there to China Town with no problems.

Heck downtown is far worse. When I saw Kreator at HOB my friend was dumb enough to get his shoes shined. So he was 'robbed' $20 bucks and the bastard even wanted a tip. The Chicago crime world sure has fallen eh?:lol:

Anybody know what place fits this description:
"MelodicRockFest 2 ( www.melodicrock.com ) will be held in the Chicago suburb of Elgin, on the weekend of Friday April 30 - Sunday May 2. The venue is a newly renovated bar - a 1000 capacity - with standing room on the floor and a smaller balcony, but a restaurant attached for those needed rest periods!"

Perhaps CPF could be held at this location...?

Never been there, actually didn't even knew the place existed. I think it's located where the old Prairie Rock used to be.

Never been there, actually didn't even knew the place existed. I think it's located where the old Prairie Rock used to be.

Me neither.

There are no hotels closer than about 2 miles away. The train would be an option for getting there, but it would be about a 1/2 mile walk from the closest train station (there are two on either side of the place).