Chicago Powerfest 2010 Cancellation

I have only gone a couple of years and that was a ways back. But the both times I went, one was at JJ Kelley's in Lansing, and the other was at Mr. Kelly's (which is also now closed). So, JJ's could be a possibility. I know that they do have hotels in the nearby area. Just a thought.

I think it should be somewhere that locals are familiar with.
I mean, very few people go to shows regularly at JJ Kelleys.
Let's be honest.

Maybe somewhere like Chicago City Limits in Schaumburg would be good.
Near major expressways. Plenty of hotels, shopping, restaurants in the area.

I have never been there, so I have no idea.

I know Ion Vein has played their a couple times, so Chris obviously must dig the place I would think.

As far as the city goes, that's a tough one, esp if the lineup is meant to attract out of towners.

So are you going to come out to our show on June 4th at CCL?

Highly doubt it.
No offense whatsoever though.
It just takes a HELL of a lot to get me out to a show these days.
Just my reality.

For the record, and I mean this sincerely, I have listened to the samples of your newer stuff, and it is VERY solid!

Who all is on the bill?

Maybe somewhere like Chicago City Limits in Schaumburg would be good.
Near major expressways. Plenty of hotels, shopping, restaurants in the area.

I would think Chicago City Limits is way too small compared to how many people Powerfest was getting. However, if they were thinking to try to build it up again it might not be a bad starting point.

The Doom fest I think is in Indiana and they stopped having them I believe. Low turnouts. The Alehorn of Power is the fest you maybe thinking of....it really isnt a fest though...more just a yearly concert with some doom / trad / and hipster metal. Usually Slough Feg and Bible of the Devil are the two headliners every year and the opening acts are usually really good. Always a good time. Again...the turnouts are always terrible. This past year it was free and still only like 100 people were there.