Darkane & Suidakra confirmed for Chicago Powerfest 2008

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
DARKANE & SUIDAKRA CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008

Sweden's DARKANE & Germany's SUIDAKRA have just been confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008. The 6th annual metal festival will take place on Friday/Saturday, May 2nd & 3rd, at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL. There will also be an official Powerfest "kick-off" show on the Thursday night prior (May 1st), featuring ENSIFERUM, TURISAS, TYR and ELUVEITIE, who will be making a stop along their PAGANFEST tour.

Also, both DARKANE & SUIDAKRA are still currently available for sponsorship as part of the Powerfest's Sponsor/VIP program...although, only a limited number of packages remain per band.

As previously announced, Powerfest promoters, CRJ Productions, have introduced an official fan sponsorship/VIP program this year that will give fans a higher level of participation in the fest and a chance to take advantage of some cool perks.

For more details regarding the sponsorship program or the fest itself, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com

just stumbled over this and figured I'd share the info. Enjoy. :headbang:

I would be all over that if I didn't have finals that week. Paganfest for the pre-show and then those two bands sounds like a great time. The bar is set pretty high for the rest of their lineup.

Getting to see Tyr, Ensiferum, and Suidakra in the same weekend should be amazing. I don't know if it will be better than Elvenking, but still...

Getting to see Tyr, Ensiferum, and Suidakra in the same weekend should be amazing. I don't know if it will be better than Elvenking, but still...

IMO all three of these bands are better than Elvenking lol. Also, they didn't note whether or not Suidakra and Darkane are the headliners. If not, I'm really interested to see who is. Looks like Glenn's got some competition. :D

hey, I don't know anything about either band beyond their names. I just thought there may be some fans here who would like to know. :cool:
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't suggesting you shouldn't have posted the announcement, I was merely voicing my thoughts on the quality of that announcement. Unfortunately, this festival continues to disappoint me.

Zod

actually Zod, what little time I had to listen to a sample of Darkane wasn't too bad. Nice and thrashy sounding.

And I like thrash - if it's done well. :kickass:

Darkane does it VERY well, if I do say so.

And, in the same vain...

SUSPERIA, PERSUADER & HORRORSCOPE TENTATIVE FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008

Norway's SUSPERIA, Sweden's PERSUADER, and Poland's HORRORSCOPE have been booked for slots on CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008 (May 1-3), but need help financing the airfare for their trip to Chicago. There are just enough sponsorship packages available to cover those expenses & if enough sponsors come forward, the bands will be confirmed.

As previously announced, Powerfest promoters, CRJ Productions, have introduced an official fan sponsorship/VIP program this year that will give fans a higher level of participation in the fest and a chance to take advantage of some cool privileges.

For more details regarding the sponsorship program or the fest itself, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

Susperia and PERSUADER?!?!? Holy shit.

I haven't heard Horrorscope, but holy shit!! If a good headliner is announced, it looks like I'm going to Chicago in May!

They sure are pushing those fan sponsorships pretty hard, aren't they?

Suidakra are kinda interesting...a bit of a folk metal feel to some of their stuff. If I remember, I'll play a song later on WREKage. Turn on, tune in, stream out. :)