MORGANA LEFAY & AGENT STEEL Confirmed For CHICAGO POWERFEST 2006

@Met-al - Fuck Morgana Lefay. Wow, you must be pretty brave to say a statement like that. I just wondered if you see WHY people are talking about Morgana Lefay? They played the fest last year and people are now realizing either what they saw or what they missed. It's natural for them to be "buzzing" about it, especially since they've only played in the States that one time in their nearly 20 year existance. Not to mention that a lot of people have heard their new cd, Grand Materia, and consider it a major comback. If you really wanted to turn attention to Agent Steel, I think you don't have to bash the other band(s) on the bill to do it. You could've just as well said "hey, anyone as excited to see Agent Steel as I am?". No reason to bash any band. Agent Steel is from the States so it's a TINY bit (well, sorta) easier to see them. Me - I'm fucking happy as all hell that BOTH bands are playing as I've loved both bands for ever and ever and I am really happy that my friends get to play a good fest together. Agent Steel also put on one helluva show - I've seen them many times and I am going to go out on a limb to say that Bruce may be able to outsing damn near everyone ON the fest, or at least rival them. That guy has some MAJOR range. And he makes it look very effortless on stage. I don't think Agent Steel been invited to ProgPower because they are a thrash band - albeit with a few power metal tendencies here and there. They're, in my opinion, too thrash and not enough power for ProgPower. They might scare some of the pure progheads out there. ;)

@Dave - They will be announcing hotels, directions, etc really soon since it's in a new area. They'll post it on the site and I will also post all the info on the Powerfest Forum and try to keep it as up to date as possible. I'm thinking that people who get info about other hotels or deals they got or cheap airline tickets or whatever will hopefully post it all there as well. :)

MORGAAAAAAAAAAAANA LEFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
:yow: :yow: :yow:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I have no words to express how excited I am to see this band again!
I don't understand all the 'boredom' comments.. different strokes, I suppose.

I'm going to bring a big stick to fight off all the girls so I can actually say HELLO to Charles this time! haha!

This is too cool!

sh0kr0k said:
MORGAAAAAAAAAAAANA LEFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
:yow: :yow: :yow:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I have no words to express how excited I am to see this band again!
I don't understand all the 'boredom' comments.. different strokes, I suppose.

I'm going to bring a big stick to fight off all the girls so I can actually say HELLO to Charles this time! haha!

This is too cool!

I agree with ya 100%, but please don't beat me with that stick, LOL! :D

See you in Chicago! :headbang:

Steph

AGENT STEEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKIN WOW AND BIOMECHANICAL!!! I HOPE I CAN GET SOME MONEY FAST !!! :headbang:

I didn't mean that as a diss on Morgana Lefay. It just killed me that everyone was going ga-ga over a band that already headlined last year's show when one of the all-time greatest thrash metal bands is making their first appearance in Chicago in eons. To be honest, I don't even know if they've ever played the Chicagoland area. Also, I beg to differ on the issue of their "ProgPower compatability." If this crowd can handle Therion, Orphaned Land, Into Eternity, and Mercenary, I think they can handle Agent Steel. I think they have a pretty fair balance between thrash and power metal in their sound. I first heard them about six years ago, and I've been dying to see them live since that first listen. Perhaps that's why I was so quick to throw out explatives.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Well, it's still early yet, and I know the event site is going to post travel info soon, but I did a little preliminary research.

Just checked on Expedia for closest hotels. None closer than 3 miles according to them, so not really walking distance, but there is a Super 8 about 3.5 miles from the venue and they're charging $55/night. If you check this map, you can see Joe Orr Road (venue is on that) just down Route 1.
agent.dll

There's a hotel slightly closer, The Homewood Hotel, but they're charging $107! Also within 5 miles is an Econo Lodge ($60) and a Motel 6 ($46 on Orbitz).

Hopefully, many of us will stay in the same place.

Thanks for the research AMBR! I'll be driving down so I can do a bit of shuttling for the out-of-towners.
I got spoiled having two hotels next to the venue last year, but we can make this work! Just means I won't be partying too hard at the venue ;)

sh0kr0k said:
Thanks for the research AMBR! I'll be driving down so I can do a bit of shuttling for the out-of-towners.
I got spoiled having two hotels next to the venue last year...
Yea, wasn't that great? Dave and I will be renting a car so we can help shuttle people too.