Chicago Powerfest...

The Red Roof Inn is a very good location. I believe there was even a Chili's and a Boston Market near there.

If you stay there, be sure to feed the squirrel (giggle). There is a very friendly squirrel that the people at the front desk/office feed and he seemed quite at home with all the metalheads.

Then again, this was 5 years ago, anyone know the life expectancy of squirrels?

Nice... So excited that I maybe would see Tad Morose again in 2005 in Chicago, and I just realize it's a 21 and over festival. Damn, why didn't my parents have me 6 months earlier?

=\

As great as it will be to see Tad Morose back in the USA, it's unfortunate that they will be playing in a cracker box for their first ever headlining show here. I'd prefer to see them play in an abandoned rock quarry at midnight. How evil and cool would that be!!!

Cracker box or rock quarry, I've got my ticket. Nice lineup. Hopefully a bigger venue can be had in 2006.

Hopefully Tad Morose will be playing more dates in addition to Powerfest. It's hard to believe that they would make the trip to do just one show in front of just 300 people.

I just want to know how the hell I am going to stay sober at this fest!!

Bear
loco.gif

eppst1 said:
Which Red Roof you guys staying at? I've never been there and was just wondering where a good place would be to stay.

Thanks.

I've never been there either, but others on the forum recommended it. It is the one listed on the Chicago Powerfest website. The address is 2450 173rd St. Lansing, IL. It is a short walking distance to the venue.

I can't wait to see Tad Morose again -- after seeing them last year at BB Kings in NYC and at ProgPower, I have no doubt that they will blow the roof of the place. I'm also REALLY looking forward to seeing Morgana Lefay -- I've been a fan for almost 10 years and figured I'd have to go to Europe to catch a gig, but now I can just wing it to Chicago, woo hoo!

Steph

This is such awesome fucking news. I am so happy that Tad Morose is coming back to America and that Morgana Lefay is playing here. It fucking sucks that I am only 19 years old because if I was 21 I would already have my ticket for this show. Tad Morose and Morgana Lefay are two of my ultimate favorite bands. Ion Vein rules too, I saw them at BWBK last year and I will see them again in about a week and a half with Seven Witches in PA.

I will be there too!! Hey Bear, I'm going Thursday night and I already have my car rented. Maybe I can come pick you up. I may have to go get Sheri & Dustin too. Something to think about...call me. I CAN'T WAIT!!!:Spin:

Hey Shell thats great news. I tried calling but for some reason it wouldn't go through? I sent you a PM,check it or e-mail me.

Bear

The Fiddler said:
As great as it will be to see Tad Morose back in the USA, it's unfortunate that they will be playing in a cracker box for their first ever headlining show here. I'd prefer to see them play in an abandoned rock quarry at midnight. How evil and cool would that be!!!

Cracker box or rock quarry, I've got my ticket. Nice lineup. Hopefully a bigger venue can be had in 2006.

Hopefully Tad Morose will be playing more dates in addition to Powerfest. It's hard to believe that they would make the trip to do just one show in front of just 300 people.

Hay! There is a rock quarry a few miles from Kelly's. Maybe it's not too late to relocate the show. :D

The Fiddler said:

:D

I know the feeling, Fiddler. I have seen Manowar, Nevermore, Iced Earth and many others in that cracker box. What, you don'y think a six-inch high stage is truly Metal? :Spin:

And to all those coming there, try not to venture too far East from the venue. That isn't exactly a desirable area. But don't worry about the venue area itself. It is fine.

ATA is having a super sale on fares! I just booked a roundtrip ticket from LaGuardia to Midway for just under $140! So if you wanna get a cheap fare to Chicago, ATA is the way to go for now. And no, I don't work for them! :Spin:

Is anyone else here headed to Powerfest from NY? Wanna do a "carpool" from Midway to Lansing? :)

Stephanie

TwstDrSteph said:
ATA is having a super sale on fares! I just booked a roundtrip ticket from LaGuardia to Midway for just under $140! So if you wanna get a cheap fare to Chicago, ATA is the way to go for now. And no, I don't work for them! :Spin:

Is anyone else here headed to Powerfest from NY? Wanna do a "carpool" from Midway to Lansing? :)

Stephanie

Got the same deal with them from Newark. Damn good price! I couldn't do better with my Delta Sky Miles and that was to O'Hare. :yuk:

Midway is much closer.

junnie from the east said:
Dustin!!!!!!! have a great time there!!!!!:headbang:

:wave:

:OMG:

JUNNIE!!!

Where have you been?! I haven't seen you around these parts for a long time, It's good to hear from you!

:wave:

Thank you very much, with all our freinds in teh other bands playing this, we hope to have some fun at this show for sure. :D

We miss you over here, hopefully you get to visit the U.S. again sometime soon.... or maybe.... we can just come over to Japan? :p

\m/
Dustin

I'm coming as well!

Will be nice to get to hang with old friends and to see the bands as usual! Looking forward to hearing all of the bands. However, I don't have a roomate or anything yet and I haven't figured out how I am going to get to the venue either as I really don't want to rent a car (plus I don't think I would be able to). Dustin, come pick my ass up!

Looking forward to a semi-vacation.