NOCTURNAL RITES Complete Chicago Powerfest 2006 Lineup!

Well with this announcement was the icing in the cake, for me.. really..

I have been speaking with some of my friends and trying to gather a small group to go, if they don't go, all else is lost because I am NOT going to Chicago alone :cry:

I hope to be in Powerfest !

Nocturnal..wow!! :oops:

Empress said:
I have been speaking with some of my friends and trying to gather a small group to go, if they don't go, all else is lost because I am NOT going to Chicago alone :cry:

You won't be alone... a whole crapload of your ProgPower friends are going to be there...

Well hell - this lineup (although I am not a huge fan of any of the bands) looks pretty interesting. I love to disvocer "new" (to me) music, and love live METAL - so it looks like Chicago may be on the travel agenda. Hey, this being single again thing ain't all that bad ...:)

Anyone heading out from Colorado way? Anyone heading there need a roomie? I was thinking of heading over to europe around this time frame (and still may) - but if the lawyers are not finished carving up my ass(ets) I may stay closer to home - this looks like a good time to be had with kickass music and good people :)

manowarfan1/jeff

Empress said:
Well with this announcement was the icing in the cake, for me.. really..

I hope to be in Powerfest !

Nocturnal..wow!! :oops:
You can hang out with me if you want !! I'll even kick my roomy to the curb for you if you need a place to crash :) Seriously, I think once you got to the area around the gig you'd find plenty of good folks to hang with. We're all one big metal family. Hope to see you there !!

Britt

Britt if you are rooming with who I think you might be rooming with, he might get all pissed off at you dissing him for some young hot chick!!! You better watch out, he is going to be your ride there.

Narcosynthesys68 said:
Britt if you are rooming with who I think you might be rooming with, he might get all pissed off at you dissing him for some young hot chick!!! You better watch out, he is going to be your ride there.
Last year I roomed with a hot chick, and I was pretty much a perfect gentleman. As for this years roomy, Shhhhhhhhh .. Don't tell Pat. You'd do the same if you were in my shoes, and you know it.

Britt

So Empress, if you want a roomie for Powerfest that won't bite, I'd be game for splitting a reservation with you. It's been a while since we've chatted - PM or message me on myspace and we'll work out some details.
www.myspace.com/tammyz

You will never be alone at Powerfest, just like you'll never be alone at ProgPower.

Oh Britt wouldn't bite. He is a perfect gentleman. One of the good guys.

Yeah, shit, I forgot that you and Mrs. Breed were rooming last year.

I am thinking that Pat wouldn't mind another person in the room!

No comment on what I may or may not do.

LOL!

I msut admit to not being a hot chick (plain old guy) - but am thinking that this may be my celebration for being divorced (if they leave me with anything to celebrate with LOL). What hotels are people staying at? Is there anything similar to PP where things are kinda organized/grouped? The only time I flew to Chicago for shows was the Lost Manowar weekend at someplace called Shaumburg, IL.

If I am going I usually try to get places early and get the lay of the land - is there a pre-party? Tix go on sale Feb 1 I believe. Does this one sell out instantly like PP? I'm hoing to know on monday how badly I'm gonna get taken - so I want to know if I should be ready to act right away or if I have a few days to hthink about it. Thoughts Anyone?

manowarfan1

The trip should cost roughly 50%-75% as much as a ProgPower trip. The hotels are cheaper in this area, the event ticket in the past has been less than half the price of ProgPower (though that could go up this year, since it's a newer/bigger venue and a higher profile roster than last year).

If AirTran Airlines or ATA services your area, those airlines are less expensive than most, and they fly into Midway, which is a lot closer to the venue than O'Hare.

The 350(?) available tickets did sell out last year, but just barely if I understand correctly, so you might have a little leeway, but I wouldn't count on waiting too long just in case.

Hotel and travel info hasn't been posted yet, but will be posted before ticket sales start. Hotels are not going to be within walking distance (something like 3-5 miles away), but there will be shitloads of us with cars, plus Rob mentioned that they are trying to make sure cabs are available at the venue at all times. The hotels might also have some sort of shuttle service, like they do in Atlanta; I'm not sure about that one.

There was a karaoke pre-party last year on Thursday; nothing specific has been announced this year as I recall, but it seems likely that there will be something, either at the venue or at nearby J.J. Kelley's. (I think Prof. Luther was thinking of possibly organizing something either before or in lieu of a pre-party, but I'm not sure if that's still on the table or not.)

Also, if you have Southwest airlines in your area, that's what I found as cheapest last year and they fly you into the much-less-busy Midway. Indeed, hotels are farther than they were last time, but still quite cheap. The guys will have all hotel info soon. :) This venue is a LOT LOT LOT bigger than last year, therefore will have more tickets, BUT because of the strength of the lineup, there's no way to tell how fast it will sell, except that I believe it will sell fast. Once the hotels get announced, I'm sure everyone will be congregating to 2-3-4 different ones, much like what happens at ProgPower. The whole trip I think is actually less than 50% of what it costs to go to ProgPower, cosndering hotels are about $50 and last year tickets for the weekend were about $40.

Here's what I posted on lodging in the other thread on Powerfest

Well, it's still early yet, and I know the event site is going to post travel info soon, but I did a little preliminary research.

Just checked on Expedia for closest hotels. None closer than 3 miles according to them, so not really walking distance, but there is a Super 8 East Hazel Crest about 3.5 miles from the venue and they're charging $55/night. If you check on mapquest, you can see Joe Orr Road (venue is on that) is just down Route 1.

There's a hotel slightly closer, The Homewood Hotel, but they're charging $107! Also within 5 miles is an Econo Lodge ($60) and a Motel 6 ($46 on Orbitz).

Hopefully, many of us will stay in the same place.

I put together a preliminary package with this hotel, air fare and car rental for two people and it came out less than $240 per person.

Once all the info is out maybe I can find someone who would either be willing to split a rental car & room or maybe some of the hotels have shuttles to/from the airport or something. I cant complain about $50-60 hotel rooms and concert tix, and it will definitely help pass the time until ProgPower :)

Hmmm, europe, caribbean or METAL. Which will be better long-term for my soul and emotional well-being. Yeah, like that matters - METAL!!!!

manowarfan1

I was kind of worried about this year's lineup. Agent Steel was enough to make me go, but I wasn't dying to see anyone else until Nocturnal Rites was announced. That's not a diss to Ion Vein or Twelfth Gate, but I've seen them more times than I've changed underwear. Anywho, Nocturnal fuckin' Rites!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al