CHICAGO POWERFEST 2006 - DATES, NEW VENUE & CONFIRMED BANDS REVEALED

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Chicago Powerfest 2006, the fourth annual metal fest featuring both veteran and up-and-coming bands from various sub-genres of metal, will take place on Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8 at Mr. Kelley's Music Box in Chicago Heights, IL.

Due to the gaining momentum that the Chicago Powerfest has seen since its inception, the fest is moving to a brand new, much larger (600-700 capacity) venue in 2006, and will also be open to an 18+ audience, instead of its previous 21+ restriction.

To date, confirmed bands include:

ELDRITCH (first U.S. appearance)
BIOMECHANICAL ( ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING!!!!!!)
ION VEIN
TWELFTH GATE
GRACEPOINT
MIRROR BLACK
WITHERING SOUL

The remaining three bands, which include one headliner and one direct support, will be annouced in the upcoming weeks once confirmed. Also, ticket information will be made available as soon as the final line-up is announced.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit
www.ChicagoPowerfest.com.

BIO-FUCKING-MECHAN-GOD DAMN-ICAL!!!!!!! I will fucking be there.

Here's the first official Chicago Powerfest 2006 announcement. It's shaping up to be a killer fest this year....as promised. ;) Also, sorry Dolomite for the duplicate post...but had to get the title on there. ;)

CHICAGO POWERFEST 2006 - DATES, NEW VENUE & CONFIRMED BANDS REVEALED

Chicago Powerfest 2006, the 4th annual metal fest featuring both veteran and up-and-coming bands from various sub-genres of metal, will take place on Friday, April 7th and Saturday, April 8th at Mr. Kelley's Music Box in Chicago Heights, IL.

Due to the gaining momentum that the Chicago Powerfest has seen since it's beginning, the fest is moving to a brand new, much larger (600-700 capacity) venue in 2006, and will also be open to an 18+ audience, instead of its previous 21+ restriction.

To date, confirmed bands include:

ELDRITCH (1st US appearance)
BIOMECHANICAL
ION VEIN
TWELFTH GATE
GRACEPOINT
MIRROR BLACK
WITHERING SOUL

The remaining 3 bands, which include one headliner and one direct support, will be annouced in the upcoming weeks once confirmed. Also, ticket information will be made available as soon as the final line-up is announced.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com

Had such a great time last year, Dave and I were pretty sure we were going as long as the line-up was decent. Now it's a definite!

Thank God for the larger venue!!! Biomechanical at JJ Kelly's would have been brutal in that small space. There will be a fair amount of moshing going on, I have a feeling. ;)

Does anyone know in what issue of Metal Maniac's review of 2005 Chicago Powerfest appeared? Someone told me it had been published, but I don't know what issue. In retrospect, I was so thrilled to get pics of Morgana Lefay even though I wasn't familiar with their music at that time. Now I own all their stuff (and would love to see them in Atlanta!)!

nightwish58 said:
Wow, I would love to see Eldritch, but unfortunately they are not enough to justify a trip to Chicago. I guess I can only hope for a future PP appearance.

Does Nils from Pagan's Mind sing for Eldritch now, or am I just imagining things?

The Fiddler said:
Does anyone know in what issue of Metal Maniac's review of 2005 Chicago Powerfest appeared? Someone told me it had been published, but I don't know what issue. In retrospect, I was so thrilled to get pics of Morgana Lefay even though I wasn't familiar with their music at that time. Now I own all their stuff (and would love to see them in Atlanta!)!

It was a month or two ago...with Opeth on the cover.

The Fiddler said:
Does Nils from Pagan's Mind sing for Eldritch now, or am I just imagining things?

I truly hope you are imagining things as Terrence Holler is the main reason I love Eldritch so much. As far as I know, he is still the singer as he appeared on their lateset release "Portrait of the Abyss..." I will check this out though...

nightwish58 said:
I truly hope you are imagining things as Terrence Holler is the main reason I love Eldritch so much. As far as I know, he is still the singer as he appeared on their lateset release "Portrait of the Abyss..." I will check this out though...

You are correct - Terrence is the vocalist. I was thinking of Eidolon, not Eldritch.

Nils is listed as the current Eidolon vocalist:

http://www.eidolon-nightmareworld.com/band/index.asp

The Fiddler said:
Thank God for the larger venue!!! Biomechanical at JJ Kelly's would have been brutal in that small space. There will be a fair amount of moshing going on, I have a feeling. ;)

Fidd...

I don't know which month it was, but it was out about a month ago and I bought it for the fact that Opeth was on the cover. If you go to their website (www.metalmaniacs.com , I assume) then they'll show you a pic of the older issues.

Matt Johnson's review was funny because he pretty well hit the nail on the head about most of the peeps attitude about seeing the bands. You'll understand.