CHICAGO POWERFEST 2006 - DATES, NEW VENUE & CONFIRMED BANDS REVEALED

Squeak said:
@ BGT - you can see the bands on my blinky banner in my sig or here is the list as of right now:

Eldritch
Biomechanical
Ion Vein
Twelfth Gate
Gracepoint
MirrorBlack
Withering Soul

Chicago's not bad at all, just too many damned toll roads is all I can complain about. And that swervy merge lane from hell that was under construction last year on the freeway - yikes!

I think I saw you taking pictures at one of the California Strat shows in Oct. I don't remember what city we were in (it was a looooong drive from our hotel!!) but I guess it was their last show of the US Tour. Maybe it was you?

Actually, if it wasn't for baseball, I am sure I would LOVE Chicago. I've heard it is a great city and I love big city life! Too bad it sucks :loco:

Bear said:
Yeha you tall ass beotch!!!Down in friggen front LOL

In defense of my tall-ass-dorkiness, I DID stand to the right of center, closer to the wall and the booths, which were elevated a good three feet off the ground. If I wasn't a polite metal-head, I would have just planted myself dead center but I didn't want Urban from Tad Morose to have to look at my ugly mug all night, so I stood a bit off. Hearing him belt out Anubis three feet from my head was friggin amazing! :headbang:

Bad Girl Tess said:
I think I saw you taking pictures at one of the California Strat shows in Oct. I don't remember what city we were in (it was a looooong drive from our hotel!!) but I guess it was their last show of the US Tour. Maybe it was you?

Actually, if it wasn't for baseball, I am sure I would LOVE Chicago. I've heard it is a great city and I love big city life! Too bad it sucks :loco:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes, I did go to all the California shows and if it was a long drive from your hotel, I'm guessing you're probably talking about the Santa Ana show at the Galaxy. :) That was a lot of fun. Did you like the show?

SwordLord said:
In defense of my tall-ass-dorkiness, I DID stand to the right of center, closer to the wall and the booths, which were elevated a good three feet off the ground. If I wasn't a polite metal-head, I would have just planted myself dead center but I didn't want Urban from Tad Morose to have to look at my ugly mug all night, so I stood a bit off. Hearing him belt out Anubis three feet from my head was friggin amazing! :headbang:

I remember you too I think, you were just to the right and behind me. If you woulda planted yourself in front of me, I would've had to wiggle my way in front of you so I could still take pics since I'm so damned short. :loco:

Squeak said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes, I did go to all the California shows and if it was a long drive from your hotel, I'm guessing you're probably talking about the Santa Ana show at the Galaxy. :) That was a lot of fun. Did you like the show?

Yes, that drive was no bueno. I had a great time. The shows were fun!

Yah that drive is pretty long if you don't leave before rush hour (which we did). It can be a total bitch. Just like the construction areas and toll roads in Chicago! LOL

*goes back on subject*

Whom is everyone looking forward to seeing the most out of the bands announced so far?

Squeak said:
Yah that drive is pretty long if you don't leave before rush hour (which we did). It can be a total bitch. Just like the construction areas and toll roads in Chicago! LOL

*goes back on subject*

Whom is everyone looking forward to seeing the most out of the bands announced so far?

Fucking A Skippy!! I cant wait to see Biomechanical!! I have never really heard a whole lot of the other bands, but I am going to do some research.

I think this is wonderful because it would be like a mini-Progpower reunion. Wonder if I'll be able to shovel out by April?

And that swervy merge lane from hell that was under construction last year on the freeway - yikes!

Yeah, there was one of those on the freeway heading out from Midway airport... I picked someone up from there this past year, got on the wrong exit during the construction, and we ended up in Schererville, Indiana before we knew it. LOL... luckily, I used to live in the area, so I was familiar with it...

Bio-friggin-mechanical, and Twelfth Gate \m/