CHICAGO POWERFEST 2006 - DATES, NEW VENUE & CONFIRMED BANDS REVEALED

Walter_Langkowski said:
Fidd...
I don't know which month it was, but it was out about a month ago and I bought it for the fact that Opeth was on the cover. If you go to their website (www.metalmaniacs.com , I assume) then they'll show you a pic of the older issues.

Matt Johnson's review was funny because he pretty well hit the nail on the head about most of the peeps attitude about seeing the bands. You'll understand.

Yes, the Opeth Issue. Nov 2005. I actually read the Powerfest review on the plane down to Atlanta for PPUSA.

In the same issue is the Metal Maniacs review of our CD, RETURN OF THE SNOW GIANT. Check it out!

Upon this news I just picked up "Portrait of the Abyss Within" by Eldritch and "The Empire of the World" by Biomechanical. I am listening to the Eldritch album now and like it A LOT! Really cool stuff. I am highly considering checking this festival out. I wanted to go last year for Tad Morose and Morgana Lefay but the 21+ rule prevented me. I don't have to worry about that this year. Now please get Grave Digger, Running Wild, or Rage as a headliner!

Awesome, I just may have to get my ass (and the rest of me) to this one, considering Chicago is only a couple of hours away now. :D

I'll be there once again, last year we had a friggen blast!!! I am totally stoked and happy that Chris and Rob are really making this event annual (or as Ralf would say Anal) :loco: and that it is growing. Next year will be my 3rd time at Powerfest!!! See ya'll there!!!

Bear

lady_space said:
Oh, well, that's the second worst possible date for me... sorry, but everyone will just have to have fun without me! ;)

Shaye

Wait, what date is that!!!!!!!! C'mon!!! Hey, that would be one hell of a metal honeymoon LOL

Bear

yardleybates said:
Does this mean there's a date set? huh? Huh? Won't be the same without you babe !!

Well, actually, yeah... but Powerfest is the weekend of my friends' wedding, which I'm in and wouldn't miss anyway. :) And it's funny because the bride and groom know John K and like Biomechanical, so that's gotta suck even harder for them.

See PM for *my* wedding details. :)

Shaye

Bear said:
Wait, what date is that!!!!!!!! C'mon!!! Hey, that would be one hell of a metal honeymoon LOL

hey, we're already hoping to pay Six Flags a visit... that may be about as metal as I get for my honeymoon!! :) (Besides, this date conflicts with my friends' wedding, not mine, which is set for May 20. :))

Shaye