Chicago Powerfest

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
The third incarnation of Chicago Powerfest will prove to be one of the most exciting metal showcases this year in the US period! Initially created to showcase the top up-and-coming underground metal acts on these shores, Chicago Powerfest has now gone one step further, bringing two of Swedens most exciting bands over to bring down the house! Tad Morose will be appearing as a headliner in the US for the first time, and Morgana Lefay will be making their first ever US appearanceso dont miss this!!

The final lineup includes:

Tad Morose (Sweden)
Morgana Lefay (Sweden)
Twelfth Gate (IL)
Ion Vein (IL)
Archetype(OH)
Imagika (CA)
Silencer (CO)
Warmachine (Canada)
Katagory V (UT)

The event takes place April 8th& 9th at JJ Kelleys in Lansing, IL which will provide an intimate environment to experience killer metal up close and personal. Tickets are only $32 for a two day pass and are on sale now via www.chicagopowerfest.com. Only 300 tickets will be sold so act fast because this show will sell out!! Visit www.chicagopowerfest.com for all the latest news, event info., full band info., travel details, etc. Unfortunately, this is a 21 and over event so we apologize to those that wont be able to attend because of this. Finally, very special thanks to John Coyne for coming aboard as a co-promoter and helping to get Tad and Morgana on the bill.

The wife and I had been threatening to hit Chicago for quite some time. This seems like the perfect excuse to go. Any of the RC faithful plan on attending?

Zod

I don't think I know any of those bands, except Tad Morose and Imagika. That lineup doesn't look like your typical "power metal" roster....Imagika, as I remember, is a Bay Area thrash band, no? And Tad Morose are on average MUCH heavier than their peers, they were one of the highlights of PPV (but still not as good as Brainstorm, heh).

EDIT: Oh I see, it's just called "powerfest", it doesn't imply that it's "power metal". D'oh.

It's not a great line-up. But as I said, Paula and I have been wanting to take a long weekend in Chicago for a while. We may not even go to the show on Friday, or may just show up whenever we feel like it.

Tad Morose is probably one of my 5 favorite bands, so I'll be there on Saturday.:kickass:

We'll definitely go see a Cubs game on Sunday, which I've been wanting to do for a while.

Zod