Chicago Powerfest...

Bear said:
The two times I have been there I got a limo to take me to and from Midway. This time however I am going into Ohare and I am going to be renting a car because its about an hour drive from there to Lansing and the coost of a Limo ro Taxi would be more than the rental of a car for 4 days.

Bear
An hour?! Nah! It's more like 30min.

Shit...I thought you Cali boys drove faster than that. :p

Well being that I have never been to Ohare , I didn't know. And you wanna race, I will get a fast car (with insurance ) LOL

We need Nick to bring a shopping cart to the after party again, or one better, maybe a full stop sign LOL

Bear

I just read a post at the Tad Morose board where their guitarist Krunt answered Dustin's (KV) question regarding whether or not Charles from Morgana was gonna join Urban Breed on stage to sing their "Matters of the Dark" tune. He said that he probably will!!

Now that'll be killer...can't wait!!!

\m/ \m/

Bear said:
The two times I have been there I got a limo to take me to and from Midway. This time however I am going into Ohare and I am going to be renting a car because its about an hour drive from there to Lansing and the coost of a Limo ro Taxi would be more than the rental of a car for 4 days.

Bear

make sure it's black :tickled:

see ya there...

I also have purchased my tickets to Chicago PowerFest and I'll be there. Perhaps all of us ProgPower people can meet up before or after the show to say hello. I am willing to help coordinate this. Email me at SwordLord2003@aol.com and I'll try to figure out a good meeting place.

Cannot wait to see TAD MOROSE again especially since they ripped it up at PP5! Woo-hoo!

Swordlord, most of these people are people from Prog Power, I would say 95 %. Anyways If you have been to JJ Kelley's before you know we will all bump into each other at some point, can't really help it there LOL

Bear

GateXII said:
I just read a post at the Tad Morose board where their guitarist Krunt answered Dustin's (KV) question regarding whether or not Charles from Morgana was gonna join Urban Breed on stage to sing their "Matters of the Dark" tune. He said that he probably will!!

Now that'll be killer...can't wait!!!

\m/ \m/
That will fucking OWN!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooot!

Bear

Seeing as how I live a half-hour drive away from J.J. Kelly's, I'd be a fool to miss this show. Due to the lack of structure at Powermad, I missed Archetype in 2000. That won't happen this time. I'm dying to see Imagika as well. In addition, I'd love to say that I saw Tad Morose at some dive in suburban Illinois!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Met-Al said:
Seeing as how I live a half-hour drive away from J.J. Kelly's, I'd be a fool to miss this show. Due to the lack of structure at Powermad, I missed Archetype in 2000. That won't happen this time. I'm dying to see Imagika as well. In addition, I'd love to say that I saw Tad Morose at some dive in suburban Illinois!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al
My thoughts exactly! Dave and I already have our tickets. Now if only we knew where to stay and how to get there! I guess a rental car is a must. Any advice from the locals? Is one airport better to fly into then another?

Most of us are staying at The Red Roof Inn, its a good hotel, I have stayed there before. Its across the street from the venue and shopping.

As for Airports, Midway is closer. I am flying into Ohare though because I fly Delta ( skymiles ) and they have crappy itineraries for Midway, so I am going into Ohare.

Bear

Bear said:
Most of us are staying at The Red Roof Inn, its a good hotel, I have stayed there before. Its across the street from the venue and shopping.

As for Airports, Midway is closer. I am flying into Ohare though because I fly Delta ( skymiles ) and they have crappy itineraries for Midway, so I am going into Ohare.

Bear
Thanks for the tips, Bear. I have Delta Skymiles too, :) so it'll be OScare for us as well. :Spin:

Bear said:

Bear

May I ask how much the limo to and from Midway was?

And, if I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn, is a car necessary to get to places to get food and other necessities of life (like the venue)? :)

Thanks for the info!

Steph

If you stay at the Red Roof Inn, you'll be within walking distance from quite a few fast food places (Arby's, Wendy's, McDonald's, etc.), though you may still want to rent a car to go further down the road. There are plenty of places to eat, however.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al