Chicago Powerfest...

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I don't know how many of you know about this, but tickets went on sale today:

TAD MOROSE and MORGANA LEFAY have been confirmed for the Chicago Powerfest, set to take place April 8-9 at JJ Kelley's in Lansing, Illinois. The final lineup billing for the festival is as follows:

TAD MOROSE (Sweden)
MORGANA LEFAY (Sweden)
TWELFTH GATE (IL)
ION VEIN (IL)
ARCHETYPE (OH)
IMAGIKA (CA)
SILENCER (CO)
WARMACHINE (Canada)
KATAGORY V (UT)

Tickets are only $32 for a two-day pass and are on sale now via www.chicagopowerfest.com. Only 300 tickets will be sold. Unfortunately, this is a 21-and-over event.

I'm there !! I ordered 4 tickets. I live about 1 1/2 hrs. from there so it's a nice easy trip. The price is right, and I can't wait to see Tad Morose again. I think Morgana Lefay is up my alley, but I don't really know a whole lot of their catalog. I'm real familiar with Ion Vein and Twelfth Gate, so those two bands will also be enjoyable as well. The venue is a crapper though, but that's the only real negative. At least only 300 get in.

I'll be there. We had a great time last year as well, foooooking rules!!!!!!!!!

The venue might be a crapper but it was the place that Prog Power USA started at, so it will always have a special spot in my heart \m/

Bear

I was thinking the same thing, Bear. JJ Kelley's may be just a bar with a tiny stage...but even the mightiest river starts with a small rivulet, and look where Glenn's taken us. :D

Im not sure ill go this year it is like the same lineup as last year...It seems like this is a big show for bands like Ion Vein and Twelfth Gate. Anybody that lives in Chicago has see both these bands...will they ever make it big???

dusro2 said:
Im not sure ill go this year it is like the same lineup as last year...It seems like this is a big show for bands like Ion Vein and Twelfth Gate. Anybody that lives in Chicago has see both these bands...will they ever make it big???
Sorry...unfortunately, you'll have to get used to seeing Ion Vein & Twelfth Gate at the Chicago Powerfests. Reason being...Chris (IV) & I are the assholes dealing with the hard work that's involved in organizing this beeyotch...that's why. :D

We're actually thinking of changing the name of the fest to the Twelfth Vein Fest...maybe the Ion Gate fest...not sure. Just kidding... :D

Bear said:
I'll be there. We had a great time last year as well, foooooking rules!!!!!!!!!

The venue might be a crapper but it was the place that Prog Power USA started at, so it will always have a special spot in my heart \m/

Bear
I was at that first Prog Power. I've actually been to each Prog Power, as you probably have. There aren't many of us probably. At PP1 I recall standing on a barstool for a while just so I could get a glimpse of Symphony X. The sound was good in there, but it's hard to see the stage unless you get up case. That stage is about 12" off the ground I think.

Britt

Oh man, now this is sounding very tempting. Of course I need to go the via Milwaukee (giggle) so I can have my brats and kringle.

DarkTide said:
I was at that first Prog Power. I've actually been to each Prog Power, as you probably have. There aren't many of us probably. At PP1 I recall standing on a barstool for a while just so I could get a glimpse of Symphony X. The sound was good in there, but it's hard to see the stage unless you get up case. That stage is about 12" off the ground I think.

Britt
I've been to all of them, plus the first European ProgPower, in 1999.

No kiddin' about that 12" high stage at JJ Kelley's. My camera had a MUCH better view than I did, since I was holding it up over people's heads. :tickled:

Leopard said:
I haven't been to this before. Does anyone know if there is public transportation to Lansing, or will I have to rent a car? Does it matter which airport I fly into?
I'd rent a car. THere is no public transportation that far out.

I think Midway is the closest airport to JJ Kelley's. OHare is about 35 minutes away as well.

Leopard said:
I haven't been to this before. Does anyone know if there is public transportation to Lansing, or will I have to rent a car? Does it matter which airport I fly into?
The two times I have been there I got a limo to take me to and from Midway. This time however I am going into Ohare and I am going to be renting a car because its about an hour drive from there to Lansing and the coost of a Limo ro Taxi would be more than the rental of a car for 4 days.

Bear

GateXII said:
Sorry...unfortunately, you'll have to get used to seeing Ion Vein & Twelfth Gate at the Chicago Powerfests. Reason being...Chris (IV) & I are the assholes dealing with the hard work that's involved in organizing this beeyotch...that's why. :D

We're actually thinking of changing the name of the fest to the Twelfth Vein Fest...maybe the Ion Gate fest...not sure. Just kidding... :D
Tewlfth Vein!!! That definitely sounds like a Lotesto/Such event LOL

Bear