Chicago Powerfest 2005....

Chris Lotesto

Uncle Fester
Aug 6, 2004
www.ionvein.com
Now this is gonna kick some serious ass!!

The third incarnation of Chicago Powerfest will prove to be one of the most exciting metal showcases this year in the US…period! Initially created to showcase the top up-and-coming underground metal acts on these shores, Chicago Powerfest has now gone one step further, bringing two of Sweden’s most exciting bands over to bring down the house! Tad Morose will be appearing as a headliner in the US for the first time, and Morgana Lefay will be making their first ever US appearance…so don’t miss this!!

The final lineup includes:

Tad Morose (Sweden)
Morgana Lefay (Sweden)
Twelfth Gate (IL)
Ion Vein (IL)
Archetype(OH)
Imagika (CA)
Silencer (CO)
Warmachine (Canada)
Katagory V (UT)

The event takes place April 8th& 9th at JJ Kelley’s in Lansing, IL which will provide an intimate environment to experience killer metal up close and personal. Tickets are only $32 for a two day pass and are on sale now via www.chicagopowerfest.com. Only 300 tickets will be sold so act fast because this show will sell out!!

Visit ww[B]w.chicagopowerfest.com[/B] for all the latest news, event info., full band info., travel details, etc. Unfortunately, this is a 21 and over event so we apologize to those that won’t be able to attend because of this. Finally, very special thanks to John Coyne for coming aboard as a co-promoter and helping to get Tad and Morgana on the bill.

Hope you guys can make this one, it's going to be a blast!! :headbang:

Heya Chris!!
We just got the tix last night so we are definitely gonna be there!! Rick was so excited when he saw that Tad Morose and Morgana Lefay were gonna be there! I never saw him run down the stairs so fast and with such a smile on his face! hehehe....I believe you made his day!
Anyway, we will see you there!!
Til then....
~Annie

Question for ya: is anything going on the Thursday night beforehand? I know a few of the bands will be arriving early and just wondered if there was anything going on or if it was just sorta "play it by ear" right now. Keep me posted, as Kim and I will be driving down Thursday night after I get out of class. :Spin:

Can't wait - the lineup rocks!! :headbang:

Alicia

Aeturnia said:
Question for ya: is anything going on the Thursday night beforehand? I know a few of the bands will be arriving early and just wondered if there was anything going on or if it was just sorta "play it by ear" right now. Keep me posted, as Kim and I will be driving down Thursday night after I get out of class. :Spin:

Can't wait - the lineup rocks!! :headbang:

Alicia

Well, there's nothing official yet but maybe we'll get something going
at the club like karaokee.... :kickass:

See you there :headbang:

Hey Chris,

What's the policy on photography at Powerfest? Anything special we should know about?

Can't wait to see you guys play again. It's been too long.

Kim

I'd love to go to that show but the club is just too damn far from where I live. I try to keep the venues I go to within a 2-block radius, and Kelley's has to be at least 6-8 blocks from me. Maybe even 9!

Let me know if you guys ever put that show on at the Lansing Fire Department or the convenience store around 171st & Burnham!

:lol:

Kim K said:
Hey Chris,

What's the policy on photography at Powerfest? Anything special we should know about?

Can't wait to see you guys play again. It's been too long.

Kim

Hey Kim,

The policy is "there is no policy!" :lol: Seriously, you can take all
the pics you want, there will be no rules against it.

Glad you'll be making the trek up, it will be good to see you again too!

Chris

JoeDaBasstard said:
I'd love to go to that show but the club is just too damn far from where I live. I try to keep the venues I go to within a 2-block radius, and Kelley's has to be at least 6-8 blocks from me. Maybe even 9!

Let me know if you guys ever put that show on at the Lansing Fire Department or the convenience store around 171st & Burnham!

:lol:

Brother, I feel your pain, I'm still trying to book a flight to get down
to the show myself.....we were "this" close to getting the Lansing Fire
dept. to let us have the fest there, "this" f'ing close! :lol:

Hey Chris, this is Tammy, the girl that wrote about a forum for the festival. Well it looks like I've found a little niche in the cyberworld for the people going!

Anyway, my big question is - what hotel is everyone staying at?? I'm definately interested in booking at the same place so we can enjoy time with everyone else that likes to stay up until dawn after the show. ... Alright, maybe not that long, but you know what I mean ;)

I haven't made my reservations yet because I wanted to see what people recommended and/or where the majority of you will be staying. Or if anyone needs two roommates, that will be great also! If that's the case, write to me at tammyzepp@yahoo.com

Tammy Z

sh0kr0k said:
Anyway, my big question is - what hotel is everyone staying at?? I'm definately interested in booking at the same place so we can enjoy time with everyone else that likes to stay up until dawn after the show. ... Alright, maybe not that long, but you know what I mean ;)
Tammy Z

I'm not Chris, but I can tell you what I know :)
There will be quite a few of us staying at the Red Roof Inn. I know a few people who are staying at the Ramada as well. Pretty much all of those hotels are within staggering distance of each other so you won't be far from the action no matter where you are. I stayed at the Red Roof last year and it's a decent hotel. Hope this helped!

Alicia

One week from today, right about this time I will be having a brew getting ready to go to Cocula's for the pre party pre party dinner fiesta!!! Can you say Double Strawberry Maragarita, I know you can!!!

who's in with me :loco:

Bear

One week from today, right about now. I will be nursing a small hangover from the margarita's and beers from the pre party and getting ready for night one of Powerfest LOL

C'mon!!!!

Bear:loco:

I'm sorry I'll miss it. It turned out that I wouldn't be able to go even if I did have the funds to spare: I have Inventory that weekend, and that's the one weekend I will never EVER get out of.

Spare a thought for me while you guys are having a blast. :)

Bear said:
One week from today, right about now. I will be nursing a small hangover from the margarita's and beers from the pre party and getting ready for night one of Powerfest LOL

C'mon!!!!

Bear:loco:

Right about now? 8am? you planning on being awake that early? I figure I'll just be rolling over after getting to bed at 5:30am. You know, typical bedtime for these kinds of things. Can't wait to see everyone again.

Kim

I was counting California time, so two hours difference :loco: I am going to try my best to get to bed before sunrise this year. No luck last year, friday night we stayed up until dawn and I didn't even go to sleep on saturday night when I was almost late getting my gear packed up and out to the limo at 7:00 Am for my ride back to Midway,LOL man I was tore up from the floor up LOL

Bear