a call to arms: Anthrax Army!

Jono

Hail Satan!
alright this may be seen as cheesey fan boy bullshit, but alot of us have been complaining about how Anthrax deserves a hell of alot more credit and popularity. and gregthrax kinda struck something when he said Anthrax kinda has a has been mantra from the 80's. Alot of people I have talked to have said "they're still around?". So unfortunately he's kinda right. I was talking to a friend tonight and she said "well there are lots of bands that have a fan army" and she's right, I signed up for the type O fan army (haven't got shit in months) and maybe we all need to get together and strike up one of those. Help get them the attention they deserve.They already got press coverege, They're officialy "contraversial" they're gonna be on MTV and VH1. HEHEH we could Even put up big ass Fliers that say ANTHRAX real big on them for the new album when that comes around. If they make singles call the radio stations. there are alot of people on this board we could do alot of shit through the net. Hell I'm willing to E-mail rock stations that are in other states. I have all the albums I just want publicity. Lets open the eyes of America to a better, louder boyband.
WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!!!!
-Jono-

You are sad fan boy. You have their music leave it at that. Let other people decide whether they want to listen to 80s has beens..... :D

I'm sure Anthrax can handle their own publicity.

How sad for you.

Obviously you don't realize that the more out in the open they are, the more we get to see and hear them. Ever think maybe we're doing this for ourselves as much as we are for them? Duh. The band who gets no exposure might as well just go away. Do we want that? I'm not out to convert the world. If they don't know what good music is, that's not my problem. But would it kill me to see a video here and there?? NOPE!! Would I keel over if I heard them on the radio? (Well, the shock might kill me, but that's about it).

If you're not in, fuck off. Don't help. See if we give a shit.

p.s. anyone wanting to start emailing stations, nail kupd.com as often as you like. Stupid bastards play Creed 800 times a day.

oh so Anthrax can handle their own publicity? which means fans are helpless to do anything? when in fact paople have to like them to be a fan. I'm not saying Anthrax can't handle thier own publicity. I'm saying they're four people. we're hell I dunno how many. but if you thinks it's sad that I want to stop complaining about them getting the short end and getting up off my ass and doing something then maybe you should have a look at you priorities.
-Jono-

Stop fightin'!!
Jono's Right! We've discussed a Street Team before. Brent said he was going to have stuff (flyers?) to download Adobe-style that WE could print out.
Let's do it, people!! If you want Anthrax on the radio, you need to let your voice be heard!! If we all e-mail the hell out of so called "Rock" stations, maybe we'll hear some Anthrax...

Spreading the disease in CO.,
Thra:rofl:ude

I'M IN ON THE ARMY OR STREET TEAM OR STREET THUG ARMY TEAM...WHATEVER YOU CALL IT I'M IN! AND THIS WILLY GUY AT THE TOP NEEDS TO LOOK AT HIS PRIORITIES...MAYBE IF HE GAVE A SHIT FOR METAL HE'D HELP OUT THE BAND HE WAS LISTENING TO SINCE I'M DAMN SURE NOBODY KNOWS THEY EXIST...JUST LIKE ANHRAX! IS IT JUST ME OR DOES IT SEEM THAT BRATPRINCESS AND I ARE ANGRY PPL BY NATURE? FUCK 'EM OR FEED 'EM, I DON'T NEED EM! I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL CALM DOWN SOMETIME.

:mad:
I wasn't born this way, goddammit.

I've dealt with too many stupid people in too short amount of time.

Some people around here don't help either.

I think when I'm done here, I'll go terrorize the simpsons for a while.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one with my name stolen. Bastards.

And where the hell is Steve M lately??

I am ready to go fight for the cause we all know as Anthrax.
Here in Minnesota, we have a station called 93X, Minnesota's Hard Rock station. Hell they are so into Creed and whatever else the record companies tell them to play that they are missing a whole world of music. If I could, I would start my own station that the fan's could actually decide what is played. I know this probably Has been said before, but i am so fucking sick of good music getting thrown by the wayside. Anthrax by far is the best band out there from the big three, Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax. I have alot of respect for Dave Mustaine, and also My homeboy hero Dave Ellefson(he is from Minnesota/"\), I have no repect for Lars, or James, Kirk is a good shit, but Anthrax is the band that really has stayed true. I know they do not have the popularity following of the backstreet boys, but when it comes to metal, they are it. Can any of us say why we like Anthrax so much? probably not because Music has that effect. we hear it and it touches us all in a different way. But we all share the same feeelings that Anthrax has when it comes down to all of us wanting to hear more from them, being apart of them, and uniting together, for the cause of Anthrax. Yea, Count me Fuckin' in on some sort of Anthrax Army, or whatever we call it.

What the fuck Wilhelm? If you're indifferent to helping a band you like then why bother posting on the board. We all answered the call and started to write and email Fox and the Simpsons. Requesting to radio is simple... pick up a phone and dial. I'm all for people posting whatever they think, but why would a fan be indifferent? Has beens? I think not... look at the new issue of Metal Edge.

Here's an idea. We all know that Brent does a lot of work with the web site, he just overhauled the message board, he has a day job, and.... gasp... a life. So why don't we take initiative? We can print our own posters and flyers. When the band makes posts of official information (make sure we don't publicize wrong), all we gotta do is put together flyers to hang in local clubs, record stores, etc. Just find a good logo, pictures, etc. and make a flyer with Adobe, MS Publisher, whatever. Maybe there could be a contest for whoever makes the best flyer.

At any rate, don't be deterred by a few naysayers. The band busts their asses for us, so we should gladly do the same for them.

Shit mang! Lets get a plan then. Lets start the street team and begin spreading the disease. If not, then I will go w/ FATDRUNKANDSTUPID....except I will load 2 rolls of quarters in a sock and beat ppl mercilessly w/ them and a car antenna. That'll teach 'em to forget about ANTHRAX!

P.S. Will any of you bail me out when I do go postal?:D :devil:

USAFORGOD... don't get the wrong idea, I'm not calling you out or trying to slag you, but don't wait for me to make a flyer.... its a lot more effective if we ALL pitch in. To use a corny analogy, if I catch you a fish, I feed you for the day; if I teach you to fish, I feed you for a lifetime.

Of course, the metal way to say all that is:

"Do it for yourself, damn it, do what's right!"

-"Blood"- P.O.T

damn! it's great I've gotten so many replys. It's a bit of annoying having to come here to see what everyone says. we need to kinda colaborate, at least those of us who have the time and patience to put things like flyers together. does anyone get on AIM? or ICQ? I need to download ICQ agian but my AIM name is jonopuppy. anyone can e-mail me at jonojustice@hotmail.com
maybe we can figure what more we can do besides calling radio stations
-Jono-

In order to save me time looking up emails on the profiles page, post your email addresses here and we can try to organize something. Just think.... Anthrax on Ozzfest in summer and on tour with Maiden by years end.