Anthrax to possiblty be a part of Clash of the titans 2?

the more I think about it the more I dont know if this bill would work. I mean I would love to see it happen. But would it sell well enough to make it work money wise? Think about it, megadeth comes to town and they play the local 1500 seat club, in my case bogarts. Thrax comes to town and they play the same venue with a generally slightly smaller turnout. Overall I would say that they draw the same fans. Its not like megadeths 1500 fand and thraxs 1000 fans=2500 fans because they are one in the same. Does this make sense? Of course there are people who dont fall in to this catagory but you get my drift. So why would thrax or megadeth play bogarts, this time together and split the profits from a crowd roughly the same size that they would draw on their own? Or am I way off base with this logic?

I'd be happy with just Anthrax & Testament. I like Exodus but with Zetro gone I don't really care to see them live. I like Megadeth too but their live shows have allways bored me.

exodus and testament are really thrashing out. Megadeth would better pick out more of their old catalog for that particular tour though.

I wish Death angel would be a part of this but then again, they are getting a cool tour with kreator and vader:Spin:

Cincy Vigilante said:
the more I think about it the more I dont know if this bill would work. I mean I would love to see it happen. But would it sell well enough to make it work money wise? Think about it, megadeth comes to town and they play the local 1500 seat club, in my case bogarts. Thrax comes to town and they play the same venue with a generally slightly smaller turnout. Overall I would say that they draw the same fans. Its not like megadeths 1500 fand and thraxs 1000 fans=2500 fans because they are one in the same. Does this make sense? Of course there are people who dont fall in to this catagory but you get my drift. So why would thrax or megadeth play bogarts, this time together and split the profits from a crowd roughly the same size that they would draw on their own? Or am I way off base with this logic?

It could turn out like that. Or, they may be able to draw in the casual fans who otherwise might not have enough motivation to go. Or someone who has a really tight budget and can't justify spending the money on a ticket to go see one band, but for a tour like that would feel that it was worth the money. I know that there willbe people that fall into both of those categories. Hopefully, there will be a substantial bump in attendance for such a killer package tour.

Scott

muffytheVampirelayer said:
I was just reading all of their fueding the other day. KK likes to slam everyone these days. Wasnt he bad mouthing the mighty Thraxx a while back as well. I would love for a COTT2 but I remember talking to Charlie about it a while back, and he said it would never ever happen again
Why did Charlie say it would never happen again?
Why does your info conflict with Mr. Wu's? Is your information years old or something?

Ok, someone fill me in: what do Dave and Kerry King have against each other? Same with King and Charlie? And I think the other guy has a point, I dunno if it would be logical for them to split the profits 4 ways like that.

I love anthrax but where are they playing to a full 1000 person crowd consistently. I would guess it is spotty all over the US with certain cities obviously being the highlights. I don't even think it is only due to bad labels. You have alot of people that will never give them the chance one way or another due to the change in singers back in the early 90's.

I just think that a tour like this would be nice. It isn't even about gaining tons more fans. They need to go out and blow away the disbelievers. I know testament destroys live. Megadeth is off and on but they have tons of followers at their board.

I just know that an excellent tour, even if anthrax wouldn't choose to be in it, would be a few of the old bands such as slayer, megadeth, testament, overkill, exodus, anthrax, and possibly some of the newer thrash bands like a dew scented from germany.

I am done ranting