A clip with some synth & hm-2 content..

Tokyurot

Mental Errorist
May 18, 2009
Hi guys,

A melody came to my mind this morning and I decided to put it down with a piano sample this time & added some syrup to it.
I didn't tweak the velocities or anything since it's just a melody and nowhere near to a song stage.

Anyways I thought to prolong it just abit with some guitars, and why not with HM-2 since
the old lady's getting quite dry'n dusty lately for not giving it all the loving it deserves :erk:

I know it's quite fizzy, but is it too much, like a needle penetrating your ears too deep?

Any comments are welcome :)

CLIP

Thanks man, yea that's what I thought too, although I was after an early Entombed-tone on purpose/for fun,
so there's quite abit of hi-mids and less low-mids ;)

Wow dude, that was fucking awesome! Naturally I wouldn't have minded if you ran the HM-2 into an impulse or something (just to clean it up a bit, but I know that wasn't what you were going for - still felt the need to mention it though :D), but I don't find it piercing or fatiguing to listen to, and it works great in the mix! Kickass tuneage as well :headbang:

Thanks man, yea that's what I thought too, although I was after an early Entombed-tone on purpose/for fun,
so there's quite abit of hi-mids and less low-mids ;)

guess that's a matter of taste ;)
i just think that it sounds washed that way.
but i'm no huge fan of entombed or hypocrisy, so maybe my opinion doesn't really count :)

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm glad some of you liked it :)

I did in fact use an impulse on this one after hm-2 which was GuitarHack's FinalV2,
so a big thanks to him for making that and many other great IRs!

Other IRs would've worked well too, but I chose 'FinalV2' since it seemed to have more
(kinda too much) presence, which I needed since I was after that chainsawy tone.

Other than that, just eq as described earlier with HP@85hz & LP@14khz (12khz would've probably been better,
but it sounded good with 14k at the time), and of course all the knobs maxed out on the pedal.

now i REALLY want an hm-2! DAMN YOU!

HEH! My bad, but it is good to have one lying around, should you ever need one ;)