A couple of ideas for possible performances

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
One is Stormwarrior is doing a special "Walls of Jericho" set at Wacken or something with Kai maybe they could do that at PP or maybe a Keepers 1 or 2 set?

The other idea is the return of Silent Force! They have a new album coming out not to mention I didnt get to see them at PP IV and that should be more than enough reason for Glenn to book them. lol

\m/

The Biffle

ps oh yeah another great idea would be to have Firewind in the other 3 spot

Reactions: Braxil
Symphony X and Pain of Salvation both have new albums in the works as well. I've got my fingers crossed, because it's my goal in life to see PoS live :headbang:

I've been suggesting that Stormwarrior idea for weeks, METAL INVADERS, READY TO STRIKE!!! But I don't think Stormwarrior does/should do a Keepers set, they're really tailored towards the Walls of Jericho sound. The booking of Stormwarrior would completely own.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
One is Stormwarrior is doing a special "Walls of Jericho" set at Wacken or something with Kai maybe they could do that at PP or maybe a Keepers 1 or 2 set?

The other idea is the return of Silent Force! They have a new album coming out not to mention I didnt get to see them at PP IV and that should be more than enough reason for Glenn to book them. lol

\m/

The Biffle

ps oh yeah another great idea would be to have Firewind in the other 3 spot

Great suggestions! :headbang:

StewiesSexyParties said:
Symphony X and Pain of Salvation both have new albums in the works as well. I've got my fingers crossed, because it's my goal in life to see PoS live :headbang:

I wish someone would explain pos to me. I love just about anything metal and will give anyone a shot, but I listened to a couple of albums by these guys about 5x each and felt ambivalent about the music and the message...if I had hated them at least I could have said they moved me emotionally...

But jebus if I cannot even hate a band I would never want to see them live.

Pain of Salvation just plain rule!
Talent, Song Writing, Storytelling, Gildenlow's Emotional Delivery...

If someone doesn't get it then I guess they don't get it.

They are in my top 5 for sure and waiting for a new album from them is always exiting to me. I can''t wait!

POS is one of the main bands that people tend to disagree about on this forum. It's funny actually to see the different reactions the band gets! It seems to me that you either love em' or hate em'.

Which is a good thing. Some of people's favorite bands tend to be ones that a sizeable audience hates. A lot of material that is 'loved by all' tends to be fairly mediocre. Its often a taste made with the intention of widespread acceptance. Though this is not true in all cases of course.

Greykiller said:
I wish someone would explain pos to me. I love just about anything metal and will give anyone a shot, but I listened to a couple of albums by these guys about 5x each and felt ambivalent about the music and the message...if I had hated them at least I could have said they moved me emotionally...

But jebus if I cannot even hate a band I would never want to see them live.

Lyrics. Must read the lyrics. Half of the draw of PoS (for me) is Daniel's great lyrics coupled with his emotional delivery of them in his vocals. One of my favorites is "Rope Ends" (from Remedy Lane)....about a suicide attempt by (I believe) a friend of his wife:

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/painofsalvation/remedylane.html#8

The lyrics just paint this incredible image for me...the irony of the images on the tie coupled with the dark subject matter...incredible stuff.

Vocal performance. Listen to "Used" (from "The Perfect Element") along with the lyrics (about an abused child), especially the vocals starting at around 3:30 ("Trading pain is a bad deal....I've got more than my share..."). Amazing range and emotion.

The arrangements are also phenomenal...Daniel's a big fan of musicals (Andrew Lloyd Webber is one of his favorite "songwriters"), and that style of arrangement comes into PoS' music to varying degrees (esp. in "BE", which basically IS a rock musical).

As far as their music, I love the dynamics...how they'll go from fairly soft/light music to really heavy (and back), even in the same song. But again, it's how those transitions match the LYRICS that make it even better....the emotion of the lyrics is brought out in both the vocal performance and the accompanying music.

If you still don't get it, don't feel bad....a friend of mine didn't understand why PoS' "One Hour By The Concrete Lake" blew me away. He listened to it a few times and thought it was "OK," but nothing special. I got an e-mail from him MONTHS later saying that now he understood, and it had grown to be his favorite CD. So, I'm not surprised that you didn't "get it" in 5 listens...many people don't. Read the lyrics, then give OHBTCL or TPE another 5 listens, and read along with the lyrics for at least one of them.

Yeah, it's a lot of effort to "get" a CD, but trust me...it's worth it. :headbang:

Craig

After Forever or Within Temptation have to play damnit...

I'd love to see a good Progrock band too. Shadow Gallery, Green Carnation, Riverside etc.

Braxil said:
Quit going off-topic guys, this thread is supposed to be about how much we all desperately want Stormwarrior with Kai Hansen at PP. :p

I concur with Braxil I started this thread to ask people what they thought about my idea not about how much a certain Brazilian wants to see After Forever.

SharkBlack said:
After Forever or Within Temptation have to play damnit...

I love to see a good Progrock band too. Shadow Gallery, Green Carnation, Riverside etc.

Lets just throw everyone one of those bands on the bill. well maybe not within temptation (2 female led? nah) and i'll be satisfied!

Greencarnation=amazing
Shadow Gallery=look at avatar, need i say more?
Riverside=great beginning band with TONS of talent
and after forever are a great band for a 4th slot with a nightwish/epica feel, and if you guys know history well those two bands had amazing feedback.