Emerald Sword said:
AXEL RUDI PELL
NOCTURNAL RITES
VIRGIN STEELE
GALLOGLASS
DREAM EVIL
RUNNING WILD

Please, Glenn,...well...just please.

The only bands i know from that list is Dream Evil and Nocturnal Rites. Dream Evil to me are wayy to cheesy and would skip seeing them. NR on the other hand kick ass and I would enjoy seeing them live. But the point im trying to make is, are those bands known enough? Maybe its just me lol (scratches head*)

Theandromedastrain said:
The only bands i know from that list is Dream Evil and Nocturnal Rites. Dream Evil to me are wayy to cheesy and would skip seeing them. NR on the other hand kick ass and I would enjoy seeing them live. But the point im trying to make is, are those bands known enough? Maybe its just me lol (scratches head*)
It's you.:heh:

Theandromedastrain said:
Heres a great idea for a performance for this year's PP: Iced Earth with special guest Matthew Barlow.:worship:

anyone agree??

heh:headbang:

That would be sweet. But why not try for a Lost Horizon reunion with Daniel at the helm.

P.S. I know its impossible

possible 'neet' performances...

Cynic reunion show.... --with a 1,000-mile exclusion clause :)

Arjen Anthony Lucassen with SOME sort of Ayreon or Star One (preferably Ayreon) content..... (Not that I don't like Stream of Passion, but I've got my druthers :))

Nightwish, first show with new singer. The American music media wouldn't care, but European media would be alllll over it.

Devin Townsend Band....but with the mighty Gene Hoglan on drums :headbang:

Nightwish, first show with new singer. The American music media wouldn't care, but European media would be alllll over it.

I agree with Paul on this one, Centerstage would be packed with media from all over the world except the good ole USof A. That would be so sweet, then the European media would get to see how a festival should be run, and that there is at least a sizeable audience for the genre of music.

Pyramaze51 said:
then the European media would get to see how a festival should be run, and that there is at least a sizeable audience for the genre of music.

Actually, the biggest metal mag in Europe (Germany's Rock Hard) was in attendance this year and I was told they planned to printing a nice size article on it complete with an interview I did with them. I hope somebody sees it and translates it for me.

Harvester said:
Actually, the biggest metal mag in Europe (Germany's Rock Hard) was in attendance this year and I was told they planned to printing a nice size article on it complete with an interview I did with them. I hope somebody sees it and translates it for me.
WOW!!!!!! that is awesome Glenn. Glad the Europeans, other than the bands, and the attendees are taking notice of the hard work you put into ProgPowerUSA.:worship:

Pellaz said:
possible 'neet' performances...

Cynic reunion show.... --with a 1,000-mile exclusion clause :)
Um..fuck yes?
Pellaz said:
Arjen Anthony Lucassen with SOME sort of Ayreon or Star One (preferably Ayreon) content..... (Not that I don't like Stream of Passion, but I've got my druthers :))
One day my friend, one day...
Pellaz said:
Without knowing the vocalist at this point, I don't care too much
Pellaz said:
Devin Townsend Band....but with the mighty Gene Hoglan on drums :headbang:
That would be sex. Hoglan is brutal.

Pyramaze51 said:
I agree with Paul on this one, Centerstage would be packed with media from all over the world except the good ole USof A. That would be so sweet, then the European media would get to see how a festival should be run, and that there is at least a sizeable audience for the genre of music.

Although they aren't USofA, I'm about 99% sure that someone from Brave Words was there (and also pretty sure he posts on here sometimes ;p). And I _think_ that Matt Johnson was maybe doing something for Metal Maniacs there, but I don't know because I didn't think to ask or anything. I do know that Aki brought Matt some of the Tarot remasters, which I almost killed Aki for...bastard...didn't even ask me... =(

Harvester said:

Don't forget the baby born RockHard (Brazil) that was also there! LOL :headbang::headbang:

Mosquito said:
Although they aren't USofA, I'm about 99% sure that someone from Brave Words was there (and also pretty sure he posts on here sometimes ;p). And I _think_ that Matt Johnson was maybe doing something for Metal Maniacs there, but I don't know because I didn't think to ask or anything. I do know that Aki brought Matt some of the Tarot remasters, which I almost killed Aki for...bastard...didn't even ask me... =(

Oh, I was referring to the more mainstream musical press in the USofNA; I've no doubt that BW&BK were there amid a host of other metal press.

But Nightwish has top-star status in Europe. When Tarja Turunen was sacked, it was front-page news in Finland.

A debut show here could bring out some serious European musical press. Not that that should be a consideration for booking or not booking a band, but it'd be nice to see Glenn get some mainstream credit, even if it's only on the other side of the Pond. :kickass:

How about LANA LANE/ERIK NORLANDER with special guest ARJEN LUCASSEN? If the budget provides, maybe have DAMIAN WILSON guest, too. Then, if SYMPHONY X plays the festival, then perhaps RUSSELL ALLEN and MICHAEL ROMEO can perform with LL/EN, also. Since both have contibuted on ARJEN's stuff in the past. Plus, LL/EN's band includes KELLY KEELING, another stellar vocalist. That way we get AYREON, STAR ONE, LANA LANE, and whatever other material they deem fit to perform. What does everyone think?

If we could get Allen/Lande to happen for thursday night it would be pretty awesome. Not sure how busy each of the guys will be then though. I still agree with Biffle though...STORMWARRIOR WITH KAI HANSEN!