A curious question on purchasing habits.

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
I was just wondering how many c.ds the average Opeth fan purchased in any given week/month/year?

I find now that I've got a bit of an income I'm heading more and more towards the metal section with alarming regularity. Knowing that metal fans in general collect music at a rapid pace, I was wondering just how extensive some people's collections were.

And also in which direction their tastes run.

I think I've got about 75 dark (you know, doom, gothic, black etc) metal albums in about 6 years.

I bet that's chicken feed for many people....

I gave up listening to tapes and shifted to CDs and LPs about four years ago and have since acquired myself a collection of three hundred albums. Sometimes I do not have enough money to satiate my lust for further additions to my list, but at the moment my album purchase rate is around one or two per week.

"I'm sure we've had this thread before - it may have been on the general music discussion forum tho." - GIAA

No. It was in here. It was like...two weeks ago maybe. I can't seem to find it though.

No CD's of late - been too busy purchasing bigger ticket items like a new computer, CD player for MP-3's, etc.

I should go back to CD's - it puts me in debt at a much slower rate.

You won't belive but the only reason for me to find the well paid job is to be able to buy morde cds and books. If it were not for the music and reading I would seriously consider quiting the society.

I am just trying out some more advanced english structures. :heh:

Well unfortunately I only buy cd´s every other month or so. I would love to buy more cd´s but metal is hard to come by where i live so I have to order them off the internet which I am doing a lot more of now but not to often though. But I would really like to find a store which has a good metal section and spend hours there with my mother´s credit card, heheh. :loco:

No CD's of late - been too busy purchasing bigger ticket items like a new computer, CD player for MP-3's, etc.

Yeah. You're Mr. Gadget, right? With all the button fancies and the likes? :) So, what kind of computer are you getting? I mean from whom are you buying it? I'm thinking of going with the cow (Gateway) myself because (I'm sure it's their marketing - THE COW) :p I keep hearing about what they will do for you and I don't hear the other companies say... "well, we'll top that!"

Anyways......that's cool. :D CD player for MP3s?

Originally posted by Opet

Yeah. You're Mr. Gadget, right? With all the button fancies and the likes? :) So, what kind of computer are you getting? I mean from whom are you buying it? I'm thinking of going with the cow (Gateway) myself because (I'm sure it's their marketing - THE COW) :p I keep hearing about what they will do for you and I don't hear the other companies say... "well, we'll top that!"

Anyways......that's cool. :D CD player for MP3s?

Yup - that's me - gadget man.

I think I've said it before, but I bought a Dell Computer with the following specs:
1.8 Ghz processor
80Gb hard drive
1048 Mb ram
CD-RW drive
DVD drive (not recordable)
19" Trinitron monitor
64MB nVidea GEForce3 video card
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card

All this with cable-internet provides for a fun computing experience.

And for the music, I bought Cambridge Soundworks Megaworks 210 speakers - 100-watt sub for the computer - awesome for music.

And the MP3-CD player is the RioVolt - again, 1 CD holds all Opeth albums. And my 2nd CD has over 100 songs.

Hey - I like to contribute to the national debt anyway I can, and I might as well have fun doing it.