O/T: Serious Pantera question

dailyvault

35 and counting...
May 2, 2005
Gurnee, IL
I need to tap the expertise of the diehard Pantera fans on the board...

It's been a while since I played any of the real early Pantera on my radio show, and I'd like to get some advice on what song off the early CDs (meaning: pre-Cowboys) I should feature, since I don't know the material well enough to pick something. (Last time, I think I played something off Metal Magic, but I don't remember which track.)

I like featuring music that many people don't know about or have in their collections - which is the whole reason I want to dust off something from their early days. Nothing against the popular stuff - I've got "Primal Concrete Sledge" in the lineup for tonight.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you play just one track I say go with this like minute or two long solo the dime does its called Red Light Turning Blue or something along those lines its on Projects in the Jungle but yea the power metal album would be the better stuff to turn to

Yeah Power Metal kicks ass. If it wasnt for the cover, youd have no clue they were all about glam.

From that album, play the title track, or "Burnnn"

Thanks, gang, for your help. I made the selection - I took Electric Crown's advice and selected "Burnnn" from Power Metal. If anyone is interested, I'll be playing it tonight around 10:30 Chicago time. If you click on the link to my blog, you will find a link to the live stream. (I know, sounds like a cheesy ad... but I'm not proud, I need the listeners.) :Smug: