A drum thread!

DisTortorous

In Need of Self-Discovery
May 24, 2002
Frederick MD
Here - one can fantasize about their dream set openly! Or they can be boring and describe the one they already have. Or holy shit! They can do both!

Pearl - Maple set.

3 Rack toms
2 Floor toms
Two bass drums..32 inch? I dunno
Flat ride, China trash, Remote hi-hat, two splash, two crash...
**rubs hands**

i just want a decent crash cymbal. mine is in denial, it thinks its a crash, but its really a ride
~gR~

Originally posted by genocide roach
i just want a decent crash cymbal. mine is in denial, it thinks its a crash, but its really a ride
~gR~
Wierd...got the same problem.
Mine is a premier by the way. 2 rack toms, 1 floor tom, single bass drum, snare (duh), double bass pedal, fucked sabian solar hi-hat, fucked sabian solar crash, decent sabian solar ride, lovely Zildjan A Custom Splash 10" and Zildjian Z Custom Rockcrash 18". Like it, actually...except the solar cymbals, though:yuk:

ROCK the fuck on, fuckin' I don't even have a set but I'm to buy one...I may just buy the used one from the church down the street first, it's hot. It needs two floor toms but other than that it rocks shit! Three tom-toms, china trash, crappy hi-hat but I've got replacements waiting, flat ride, another ride, two splash...just need some normal crash and hardware plus those two floor toms, give it some tweaking and tuning and that bitch will be set...I'll be rockin!

I was also looking at something else...

My bud Matt plays and in my en101 class I always see him tappin' his feet like Dbass goin'...but still, I can play DB faster than he can, just his fills are a bit faster than mine...that and when I don't play with gloves on it's a bit hard for me to keep my sticks in hand...**kicks wall**...

i want 4 crash cymbals, 2 ride, 1 hi-hat, a double-bass drum (instead of my double bass pedal), 4 toms + floor tom, and a snare drum with a head that doesnt break constantly. that would make me joyus :D

I just bought some drums yesterday. Yamaha Stage Custom, just a regular 5 piece set, plus they accidentially gave me twice as much hardware, so I am using that as an excuse to buy another bass drum :D Also got a Paiste Signiture 14" Fast Crash, Paiste Innovations 14" Thin Crash, and some Paiste Signiture 14" Heavy Hi-Hats, and I'm going back to CPP later today to get a Signiture 10" Splash, and a Signiture 20" Crisp Dry Ride. Woulda got them yesterday but I ran out of cash :( They sound great!!!

How much did that all cost dude? Crazy, I could spend OOGLES of money on drums...or on airsoft...but drums.

Anyone even know what airsoft is?

I have....

2 rack toms

2 floor toms

1 bass

1 snare

Gibralter Prowler Double-Pedal
Assorted Hardware

16'' and 18'' Zidjian crash
16" Starion crash
10" splash (don't know brand but has great sound)
20" Zidjian Ride
14" Zidjian Hi-hats
18'' Zidian China

I would like another rack tom, an Axis, a piccalo snare, another smaller china, and another smaller crash. *dreams on* ;)

Look, I know this isn't originally what I asked about but-

I'm looking to find the method of how drummers tune their bass drums to make that "*duh*" noise. I can hardly replicate it. I tried stuffing a lot of blankets into the bottom of the bass drum then cramming a cheap drum stick in between the blanket and the top of the drum. This way it still allows for air travel and the blanket to dampen both heads on the bottom. I have also heard of some things called click pads that do the trick...are these real?

click pads do exist. but drummers i know that have used them say they take some gettin used to.

a lot of that sound has to do with micing and such on recordings and live...put the mic in teh soundhole and point it at the place where the beater hits teh drum, about 4-6 inches off...someitmes put it a little off center.

but, the smaller the kick, the more punch you will get.
you can try triggers too. if you dont know what those are, there are threads all over this forum and others that explain it...

Originally posted by DisTortorous
Look, I know this isn't originally what I asked about but-

I'm looking to find the method of how drummers tune their bass drums to make that "*duh*" noise. I can hardly replicate it. I tried stuffing a lot of blankets into the bottom of the bass drum then cramming a cheap drum stick in between the blanket and the top of the drum. This way it still allows for air travel and the blanket to dampen both heads on the bottom. I have also heard of some things called click pads that do the trick...are these real?