A Fair Judgement Appreciation

FRUGiHOYi

"Since 1981"
Jul 11, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
The song is just brilliant. The acoustic part in the middle is probably the best thing Mikael has ever written. The solo is one of my favorites of all time. Awesome singing. Badass outro!

This is defenitly the song that got me into opeth. Deliverance was my first Opeth album (as well as my first death metal album) and it was so difficult to get into. I couldn't listen to wreath for months (needless to say its one of my favourites now)...however it was the soft parts of deliverance (the song) and that shining moment on a fair judgment that just kept telling me this wasnt your average metal band...those vocal harmonies are so powerful!!!

so I guess it is fair to say that if it wasnt for A Fair Judgment I might have not gotten into Opeth...

I love the "lost track of time"-part. If it´s something i would like to hear more of from Opeth it´s vocal harmonies,they´re always beautiful when they use them.

I haven't listened to this song (or, Deliverance for that matter) for a few years now! - The song brings back bad memories of me and my ex, I used to listen to it a lot back then when we had problems, - listening to it makes me feel weird, takes me back to those day :/ - but it's been a few years, I shall give Deliverance a listen!

it's so weird... deliverance... sometimes it's their worst record sometimes it's their best

amazing song btw
i think another thread mentioned how wreath ages like fine wine
that's how i feel about the album...

exactly ... in time there will be no one left claiming that this is their worst record, because this one will be considered as one of their greatest. people just need time to get it maybe. i still think the main reason for so many people disliking this record is because mikael and the others said too many negative things about it as a result of their experiences recording it ... it got too much negative publicity that way.

as i said in another thread, a fair judgement is certainly one of their best compositions ever, it gives me goosebumps everytime again.

exactly ... in time there will be no one left claiming that this is their worst record, because this one will be considered as one of their greatest. people just need time to get it maybe. i still think the main reason for so many people disliking this record is because mikael and the others said too many negative things about it as a result of their experiences recording it ... it got too much negative publicity that way.

as i said in another thread, a fair judgement is certainly one of their best compositions ever, it gives me goosebumps everytime again.

I actually think it´s their greatest record. Mike doesn´t know what he´s talking about.:)