A Fair Judgement Appreciation

^ After numerous times of watching this song from Lamentations and then listening AFJ from the record, I was like... my player must of gone crazy because the end is speeding. Its way better live.

Great song! But I think Deliverance is the best song off of Deliverance. That song goes through so much emotional shit for me, it's crazy. But that's just me. OPETH FUCKING RULES!!!:headbang:

This song absolutely slays, the solos are immense and the outro (especially live on Lamentations) is crushing.

Deliverance in itself though, is a fucking immense album.

To my ears, the song ends perfectly on "...here". The crushing bit of doom (and you're right about the performance on Lamentations!) is just a bonus.

So I've never truly appreciated A Fair Judgement. I remember when I first heard it, I was getting off a train and I thought it sounded nice but nothing spectacular.

At the moment it's friday night and I'm at work sitting at my computer (how br00tal) and A Fair Judgement came on. I had a pen in my hand writing and a hood over my head. A cold sensation came over me and I felt like the person on the front of Watershed, surrounded by darkness in a haunting atmosphere. The piano intro sounded so much more frightening tonight for some reason. This song will be listened a lil bit more after this..

I love this song. Probably the best off Deliverance. It would be absolutely perfect without the ending... so boring. I always skip it. Like someone else said it'd end perfectly on 'here...'

By the way, it sounds way better live on "Lamentations" than on "Deliverance". Originally it's a bit fast... maybe too fast.

Yeah I agree, Lamentation AFJ is epic.

Was just thinking. If the album version of AFJ was a slow as Lamentations, it would have been an epic album closer. Then you would have BTPISIO in the middle of the album sounding fucked up and awesome. This would completely change the overall vibe of Deliverance.

By the way, it sounds way better live on "Lamentations" than on "Deliverance". Originally it's a bit fast... maybe too fast.

^+10000000

then again, on the record, they were using the click track. so they had to stay on beat. still nice to listen to tho, although i do love the way they slowed it down for the lamentations thing. i can imagine a similar type of ending for hex omega if they ever play that live.

^ After numerous times of watching this song from Lamentations and then listening AFJ from the record, I was like... my player must of gone crazy because the end is speeding. Its way better live.

Do they play it on the lamentations consert?

I love the song btw, deliverance IS my favorite opeth album and it was the first one I bought and it is still growing into a superb album.

Just like my fine wine bottles!