A 'Feel-Good' thread for you guys.

Fox Mulder

The Truth Is Out There
Jan 22, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
I wrote this to a friend of mine who was feeling down. Said she needed a shrink. After reading it she started calling me a shrink.
---------------------------------------------
Note: This has been edited due to personal issues.
---------------------------------------------

Feeling down?

A few questions for you:

Haven't we experienced bad days a few hundred or maybe even thousand times in our lives, ever since the day we were born?

Don't they just pass by, and voilà! We're happy again?

Why do we, at times take the good things in life for granted and remain stuck up with the bad things? Are we greedy in 'regards to emotions'?

Or are we just impatient for achieving whatever it is we are trying to achieve?

If that's the CASE, doesn't the slow and steady win the RACE?

If yes, How? - The more time it takes, the more time we get to evolve our 'perceptions towards life' for the BETTER? Say what?

;)

===========================

Whenever I mess up, I tell myself:

"In life I will get knocked down. What's really important is that I get back up and keep my heart strong. These blows will only make me stronger..."

Sounds too philosophical and/or vague? Then let us compare it to gymming/strength-training, shall we?

It hurts, but it makes our muscles grow stronger/bigger.

"No pain, no gain" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

For me, the quote above applies to life in general. Not just strength-training, haha! ;)

===========================

I personally believe shrinks don't control us. They make us control ourselves because it is only us who can control our brain chemicals/hormones :)

Serotonin - The Happiness Hormone

Cortisol - The Stress/Sadness Hormone

Oxytocin - The Hormone of Love. Usually released when we get close/cuddly/flirty with a 'friend who makes us feel superior/on top of the world'.

Hint: Wikipedia rocks, and so does YOGA, haha! ;)

==========================

Last edited by a moderator:
You lost me at "Lack of Faith in God and his plan?". It made me feel like shit because I remembered how fucked up humans are.

Gee thanks. :cry:

I'm going back to the Transgender thread to cheer up. At least there is a joke or two in there.

I recorded a friend with my cheap-ass mic...he now calls me an AE

That's very kind of you, but mental health is not something to be played with, nor to be found in wikipedia...