OFFICIAL Orpheus album 2 thread (just for you guys)

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
This is more self serving than usual, but I'm actually really, REALLY excited that it's finally come time for the mix to start on our second album.

I know a lot of you guys were absolutely AWESOME and not only supported the whole process but purchased the album and had some great reviews, so I (we) really appreciate that a lot, and I hope the second time around you guys are even more wowed and impressed because there's definitely a shit load of work that's gone into this one that's for sure. It's more technical, more groovy and just more awesome in my opinion.

Before today I was shitting myself in regards to mixing it this time, seeing as Ermz did the first one (and let's be fair.. who wants to follow that?? :p) but I'm rather relaxed and excited about what I might be able to do for this one, and hopefully catch the vibe that everyone in the band is truly after.

Anyways, I'll try to keep this thread updated with interesting stuff, maybe some snippets etc and I'll post the final 2 studio diaries (Vocals and Keys) in here. I'll add some gear related stuff soon too, hopefully it'll wet your appetite a little!

Thanks again for everything in the past guys and thank you for everything for the next stage of my band's journey! \m/

Here are the studio videos for those who missed them! \m/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more technical, more groovy and just more awesome in my opinion.

Oh god, you better not be kidding about this. I haven't been following you guys much these days, but I can't wait for the new album to come out as I absolutely loved "Bleed the Way".

:kickass:

Stoked to hear what the final will be like! Through the YT clips it seems it will be a great one.
Mixing the 2nd after Ermz did the first sure are some big shoes to fill...I'd try to get a totally different vibe, not the compare it too much to Ermz work and wanting to kill yourself ;D

Just now realized that I still don't have the first one, altho I'm listening to most (?) of the songs on YT from time to time.
Last time I checked I couldn't get it via Paypal, cause I don't use Itunes...didn't you say it would be in stores overseas at some point?
You'd know any place I could order a hardcopy and pay via paypal in europe? Or at you guys?

@Soultrash - Clips are up from the studio, there'll be more soon \m/

@mago - Cheers dude, glad to hear you're interest :D
Unfortunately we've sold out of albums but you can still grab them at www.metalmassacre.com.au I believe. They ship internationally.

As for the mix, yeah definitely just trying to get it's own vibe going on. But it still has an inherent 'rock' mix vibe to it already. Can't escape it apparently lol.
I'm definitely excited to be mixing it and to see what I can do, I'll obviously be showing you guys before I finish up and get some thoughts on it etc :D