Orpheus recording NEW ALBUM: Studio diary inside!

Thanks again guys. I really appreciate the interest and nice comments so far, it means a lot to me and the band of course! And with no further adieu, the 2nd Studio Diary :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks dec! :D I had to step it up this album haha

leSedna: yeah pretty much! It's not a very attractive accent lol. But apparently the ladies love it when you're traveling, or so I hear haha

Haha yep yep! I have a badhabit though, none of my guitars are even close to factory spec though :p I've changed paint jobs, hardware, electronics, nuts bridges yada yada on all of them haha! The purple one is special though :p I love it <3

Cheers guys! Glad you like how it sounds :)

We tracked to PROGRAMMED drums, basically playing the exact same thing matt did in the studio. Then we will be editing drums at a later point. Once everything else is done etc.

As for the chain here it is :)

Snare: SM 57 top and bottom. Top into an API 512 clone -> 1176 Clone -> System. Bottom into a Neve 1073 clone -> 1176 Clone -> System
Toms: MD421s into API 512s -> System
Hats: SM7 -> Focusrite ISA -> System
Ride: ADK mic -> Focusrite ISA -> System
OH: Schoeps (don't remember which particular model) -> ISA -> System
Rooms: U87s -> forselltech SMP-2 -> System

That's basically it. Drums are a Drumcraft Series 6 with a Gretsch classic snare. Cymbals are a mix of Meinl Soundcasters and MB10 series :)

Photo%2028-01-13%2017%2058%2019.jpg

haha. Yeah man, it was a fun few days with them hanging around :p I'm just upset they weren't Kangaroos! Would have been awesome for the international folks watching hehe.

Hey man, just wanted to bump this thread.. Sorry for derailing it a bit, but I'm currently trying to record guitars by using VST amps (X50, like you do), and when I go down to 64 samples for a short latency I get crackles and shit (using 4 instances of X50 + Superior Drummer)... I'm running an i7 2600, 8GB RAM and a Saffire Pro40... Is it because of the Saffire?

^dunno which saffire you have, but try running it with the asio4all driver.
That's the only way I can get the latency low enough to monitor through ampsims while recording, the saffire driver leaves too much latency.
Maybe it will help with the crackling too