A good 2x12 replacement for my 4x12?

professorlamp

I are Joe
Nov 2, 2009
Wales, United Kingdom
Right now I've got an Orange Ppc 4x12, problem is it's a bit of a space hog which I could honestly do without.

I was thinking of going sideways in my upgrade and downsizing to a 2x12, maybe something by mesa?

The type of music I play is rather twangy and not very low down on the neck alot of the time. I play a single coil tele mostly. originally I had the idea of swapping both my head and cab for an AC30 but I think I'm quite happy with the idea of head and cabs for a while.

Anyone have any recommendations I should look into, or any shootouts would be great!

Cheers!

But dude - an ac30 would be sick. Or a Gibson Goldtone. Can't think of many better combos really...

@Jeff : I saw those cabs on ebay for really cheap, the photos of it really lowered my thought on it though :lol:

I'll have a look into them though, definitely not gonna be getting an ac30 so maybe just a sidewards upgrade is in order

@Jeff : I saw those cabs on ebay for really cheap, the photos of it really lowered my thought on it though :lol:

I'll have a look into them though, definitely not gonna be getting an ac30 so maybe just a sidewards upgrade is in order

Yeah, depends on the cab really - the Fatboy 2x12 has replaced a 4x12 for a few guys I know, sounds absolutely massive apparently.