a good metal amp

reign_in_blood

Metal up your ass!
Jun 4, 2006
I want to find an amp that has a very metal sound like pantera, but I can't spend more than $400. Any ideas?

i got this marshall amp that sounds like pantera. mg series marshall. it has real good metal tone. yes, another pantera fan. alot of trendy bastards hate pantera for some weird reason. i guess they dont like real metal. they love to ram iced earth and opeth up their fudge tunnel all day.

Consuming Impulse said:
i got this marshall amp that sounds like pantera. mg series marshall. it has real good metal tone. yes, another pantera fan. alot of trendy bastards hate pantera for some weird reason. i guess they dont like real metal. they love to ram iced earth and opeth up their fudge tunnel all day.

how much did you pay for it?

reign_in_blood said:
how much did you pay for it?

i dont remember but it is in your price range. i remember it was under 200 bucks. its not a small tiny amp but it isnt big either but if your in a band or something im sure you could put mics in front of it or hook it up to a speaker or something. ill try to find a picture of it. good studio amp.

edit:

mg15dfx.jpg

well dimebag used randall amps in the pantera records before he switched to krank so if $400 is your limit
323927.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG75G3-G3-Series-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=480334

Edit: if you are in a band, there is no chance in hell that you ill be able to hear consuming impulse's amp over the drums.

edit (again): if you save another $100 you can buy a half stack which would be way better.
311266.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX120DHS-120W-Half-Stack-Guitar-Amp-with-4x12-Cabinet?sku=481269

Edit (one last time): Just for the record i dont like pantera. If you wanna listen to some real guitar work give this a shot. http://youtube.com/watch?v=89PVisjIKkM&search=steve%20vai%20for%20the%20love%20of

War_Blade said:
The picture you have upp there is a 15 watt amp...

no chance in hell that goes over drums

hey dumbass, i said i got 2 other amps i can plug that amp into. read before you post you smartass iced earth/dungeons and dragons freak. plus i suggested him to put a mic next to the amp you ignorant tard.

hey dumbass, the guy wants to buy one amp not three...

And I dont know how the hell you got iced earth/D&D freak from all that, just cause i dont run garbage metal through my head. Do yourself a favor and buy a Symphony X album and wash That faggot thrash shit outta your head.

War_Blade said:
The picture you have upp there is a 15 watt amp...

no chance in hell that goes over drums

its not a 100 watt?...anyway...my poor bandit overvoice the drums...combos around 100 watt are more powerful then u think. But that maybe depends on brand

faggot thrash? fuck you. i saw symphony x on gigantour and they bored me to tears. i am not open to what any prog/power/melodeath band. pantera is real thrash and real metal. pantera is one of the best bands ever. another thing, i also suggested putting a mic next to the amp. LEARN TO FUCKING READ! i do not want any opeth shit music or any hardcore opeth fans talking to me. i hate smartass opeth fans like you and i wish death upon your kind all day. your kind should be put in death camps and deserve to work and be starved and burned. pantera is one of the best bands ever and if you dont like em fuck you. thrash metal is the best. power metal, prog metal, melodeath and other trendy queer ass bands. metal should be brutal and not melodic. thats the problem with bands these days. metal is dying cause of bands like opeth, symphony x, and evergrey. its starting to suck.

1983-1995 was the golden age and now its turning to shit.

mics and pa systems... more money..

also make it sound like shit...

Due to the fact thatyou have an anthrax sig im not gonna even bother posting again, so have fun!!!

oh and btw, opeth blows cock..

Consuming Impulse said:
faggot thrash? fuck you. i saw symphony x on gigantour and they bored me to tears. i am not open to what any prog/power/melodeath band. pantera is real thrash and real metal. pantera is one of the best bands ever. another thing, i also suggested putting a mic next to the amp. LEARN TO FUCKING READ! i do not want any opeth shit music or any hardcore opeth fans talking to me. i hate smartass opeth fans like you and i wish death upon your kind all day. your kind should be put in death camps and deserve to work and be starved and burned. pantera is one of the best bands ever and if you dont like em fuck you. thrash metal is the best. power metal, prog metal, melodeath and other trendy queer ass bands. metal should be brutal and not melodic. thats the problem with bands these days. metal is dying cause of bands like opeth, symphony x, and evergrey. its starting to suck.

1983-1995 was the golden age and now its turning to shit.

Dude, you are so funny. Why are you worked up over this man? BTW, do you have the name JD Diamond in another forum?

Imp! said:
Dude, you are so funny. Why are you worked up over this man? BTW, do you have the name JD Diamond in another forum?

no i dont have that name. i get worked up cause almost everybody on this site trys to bring me down or something so i hand their asses to them all the time thats if i dont forget.

God you, consuming impulse, are an idiot. There's no reason to get all worked up, all you're doing is throwing the thread off track. The Marshall MG series are some of the shittiest amps out there, I've owned one. I'd recommend that Randall if you want to go cheap. It's nothing special, but it's a good solid metal amp for its price.

reign in blood: what do you want the amp to use for? practicing/playing at bedroom-levels? band-use?

if you intend to use it in a band I dont recommend anything like a 15W-amp!! those are reffered to as "practice-amps" for a reason. tube-amps seem to be out of your price-range, so look into affordable solid-state amps

i am not an idiot. anyone here who has a problem with should be killed. you are all idiots and if it was legal i would kill you all.