A haul here & there...

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
Well... since ProgPower I really haven't bought any CD's lately.:erk:

I scrounged a few out of Deron and one from The End in the last month though....

LAST TRIBE -WITCH DNACE
So far after only a few spins I already LOVE this one! This band has the makings of greatness in their songwriting and delivery in the music. I love the vocalists style, and the overall AOR meets Power metal feel! I should have bought this a long time ago!

SHADOWKEEP - A CHAOS THEORY
At first I really wasn't getting into this one, but after listeing closer, the album became more and more rewarding. I especially love the emotional vocal melodies in the chourus on the track "Thorns and A Rose". Intersting thing is, this band is from Europe I think? yet they have a more late 80's American speed metal vibe? I think that's a big attraction also for me on this one.

THUNDERSTONE - S/T
I freaked when I heard the song "World's Cry"! That was one powerful tune! I wish I could write songs like this! In a nut shell, these guys don't break any new grounsd, but who gives a damn... 50% the album is well writen and extremely catchy, but the other side of it tends to sound way to much like Stratovarius to me. As long as I look past that minor itch, it's a great listen!

ARTURUS - THE SHAM MIRRORS
okay, can someone please tell me why I didn't get this one sooner? This kicks ASSSSSS!!! This isn't an album I could listen to hanging out with the bro's drinkin' brews, as it requires the complete attention of the listener. Theres a lot going on here! I'm glad Andreas talked me into it getting it! Definatly a dark and very progressive album!

any thoughts out there?

\m/
Dustin

I've been meaning to check out Last Tribe.

Despite my love for latter-day Ulver... I did not enjoy "Sham Mirrors".

Thunderstone reminded me a lot of Stratovarius.

I just received Superior - "Ultima Ratio" and Nightingale - "Closing Chronicles" today... listening to Ratio for the first time right now... so far it sounds awesome...

others I should be receiving soon:

Nightingale - "I"
Porcupine Tree - "Signify"
Porcupine Tree - "Stupid Dream"

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
I just received Superior - "Ultima Ratio" and Nightingale - "Closing Chronicles" today... listening to Ratio for the first time right now... so far it sounds awesome...

others I should be receiving soon:

Nightingale - "I"
Porcupine Tree - "Signify"
Porcupine Tree - "Stupid Dream"

I feel like a total reject since I haven't purchaced anything by Procupine Tree... YET! They are defiantly on my list of bands to get!

If you liked Nightingales "Closing Chronicles" you'll LOVE "I"! In fact, "I" is definalty one of my top favs in the last few years! Be sure to get the new album "Alive Again" when it it's released... it RAWKS!

\m/
Dustin