A kinda-lame-but-kinda-sweet Slayer cover ITT

The Unavoidable

jättebög
May 27, 2008
Umeå, Sweden
A guy in my band suggested that we jam this one out just for fun, and I thought I would do a quick recording of it just to try it out. Mostly just for fun, since this is a song that I used to play all the time when I started out playing guitar. It also gave me the chance to ressurrect my thrashy vocals, which was alot of fun. The vocals are pretty much a one-take throughout the song, and I guess kinda lame! :lol: I dug it though.

Check it out, don't be too mean! :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=842017&songID=7330855

Oh yeah, the intro is cut off since it is such a bitch to record stuff with tempo changes in Cubase. I'll start a thread about it sometime.

The vocals are really cool dude! I didn't like the guitar sound tho.

The early Slayer songs are so much fun to play... Die By The Sword, Black Magic, The Antichrist, Tormentor, Metalstorm and so on :)

Thanks! The guitar sound just kinda ended up that way, and the early Slayer tone is pretty impossible to achive anyway! Glad you liked the vox, that was the part I was most nervous about posting! And hell yes! I love playing Black Magic so much I wish I could marry it.

Me likes a lot! :)
Great vocals, could use a little reverb cause I like reverb on vox. But it sounds great and excellent playing, especially the solo stuff

Thanks alot! I reverb'd the vocals quite a bit, but somehow it's impossible to nail all the 'verb that's going on on those 80's productions! :lol: It really means alot that you like the vocals, since like I said, I was feeling kinda nervous about how they would turn out! So it's great to hear that you like them!

The leads were pretty much improvised, and all recorded in single takes, so there is some sloppiness and other issues about em, but it did end up fitting the Slayer stuff very well!