A little bit of this and a little bit of that..

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Would have put this in the news thread, but you can't comment there, so I'm putting it here.. as posted to the mailing list:

First off.. there's one week left to submit your entry to the Electric Messiah video contest; has anyone entered a video?

MJR has seen the new website and given it his blessing with a few tweaks.. our intrepid webmaster Deron is getting those taken care of, & we're hoping for a launch within the next week. Yay! The site looks pretty sharp, & we're still collecting things to add to it (see next paragraph), so it's going to just keep getting more awesome.

If you saw SymX play live outside the US before 2000 & can remember the month/year and the venue where you saw them, would you please leave a comment here with that info? We're trying to put together a tour history for the new site, & I didn't start keeping track of all of their shows until 2001, so any help you can offer would be great.

Also, if you have any photo albums of SymX shows online, would you post a link? Would like to beef up the website's photo gallery, so if we have permission to use your image(s), please include the name that you'd like credited. Thanks in advance!

I've got tons of them, including some backstage stuff, from every tour since V. I'll look for them and create a picasa album. Let me know on PM if the band approves of backstage pics as well..

Also, a list of some pre-2001 dates:
Japan Osaka Unknown 23.06.1998
Japan Kawasaki Club Citta 27.06.1998
Holland Eindhoven Unknown 03.10.1998
Germany Hamburg Marx 06.10.1998
Germany Stuttgart Unknown 07.10.1998
Italy Biella Unknown 16.10.1998
France Paris La Locomotive 21.10.1998
France Paris La Locomotive 25.11.1998
Germany Munich Metropolis 05.12.2000
Holland Tilburg 013 09.12.2000
France Bordeaux Unknown 21.11.2000
France Montpellier Rockstore 2000?

some more dates:
Cia do Brasil, Sao Paulo /Brasil - 11/17/2000
The MONTPELLIER gig was at 2000-11-30
the Bordeaux gig was held at the Theatre Barbey
2000-12-03 - Milan, Italy
25-Nov-2000 Elysée Montmartre Paris France

Here's the entire European tour from 1998 on an old shirt
symphonyx-tourshirt-twilight-olympus-europe-1993

Also, some other dates from the first japan tour are on the official Myspace photos, but we need a translation for city/venue:
http://www.myspace.com/symphonyx/photos/23727944#{"ImageId":23727944}

I was in Biella (italy) in 1998,small club,first time they went in Italy, very good
gig in which ,if I remember well,they played "Dressed to kill" ,"Through the looking glass" ,"Smoke and mirrors".After the show i had my copy of "Twilight"
signed by both Michael Romeo and Pinnella. I saw them also at "V" tour in Milan
in 2000,maybe the best SX gig I saw,then supporting Stratovarius in Milan as
soon as "Odyssey " was out and months after headliner for the official tour at
"Transilvania " club in Milan .Anyway I've got good memories of their shows,expecially in 1998 when Russell pushed the crowd to raise the arms and
cross as to form an "X".

Crap, I thought I was the one that came up with the crossed arms in an X deal at the PL tour show down in Atlanta, Georgia in 2007. LOL Must have been too cheesy, no one else followed suit..........LOL