a little help for my thesis. pretty please

Oct 29, 2001
the main part of my thesis in marketing deals with how marketing strategies have to change when a company operates in a market with competitors; in other words, when they don't have a monopoly anymore.

as well as a theoric part, i'll have to add as many examples as i can, and here's where your help would be appreciated:

could you please name companies you know - in any market - which no longer have a monopoly (it's ok even if they aren't multinationals but operate in your country only)?
if you know or can find those companies' websites and post here the link, the better.

thank you!

Telmex is the name of the monopoly for telephones in Mexico,a few years ago some other companies came to place and now the international dial service can be provided by some other companies different than them.Like AT&T,Avantel etcetera
The same happened with internet,at first there was a monopoly by Telmex but the same companies along with AOL and one named Terra now offer the service

thank you everyone, that helps :)

yeah, the telecommunication market is a great example of the end of a monopoly all over the world; in fact the last part of the thesis will be about the italian leader and ex-monopolist telecom.

what's hard to find are ex-monopolists in other markets (i.e polaroid, ahold...).

pray for me and keep 'em coming.