A Matter of Life & Death

It's fucking brilliant. That's all you need to know. This isn't Metallica, it's a band that takes pride in trying to produce quality music regardless of the trends at the time.
You won't see Steve Harris wearing a fucking beany hat, or Dave Murray getting a hairdo like Fred Durst.

Does anyone remember just sitting in your room with the headphones on. Reading the linear notes and staring at the killer Art work on a record Sleeve?
dude you hit the nail on the head. it is hard to sink your teeth into at first but once it grows on you it is a great listen. i remember sitting with head phones on listening to a lot of albums and just staring at the artwork inside the album and reading the lyrics. i still enjoy that kind of peaceful self time. that's one reason i hate CDs i think the artwork got sacraficed when it got miniturized. does anyone own wireless headphones ? i have been looking at them at best buy but i'm not sure if they are worth the money. i seen some decent pairs for 80/100 bucks. just wondering about signal loss and sound reception.

Perfecto. So true. This album just reminds me of the first time I bought my first Maiden album (Live After Death) and all I could do was marvel at Derek Rigg's amazing artwork and read the lyrics and check out the killer photos from the World Slavery Tour.

UP THE IRONS > BEST HEAVY METAL BAND EVER!!!!!!!

You can always eat tomorrow.

Food - its overrated anyway.

Merseyside Derby this weekend :) COME ON YOU REDMEN.

aliasp said:
Spacebeer (firstly thats such a funny username - always makes me laugh) I seriously took off my fanboy glasses and tried to be unbiased but like all Maiden albums (even Anthrax ones) they are all growers. I have given AMOLAD a few listens now and I can honestly say I can't stop listening to it.

It's Maiden.

It's nothing new from them but mate this is great.

It's MAIDEN for shure, just not a very good MAIDEN album IMO.

This album is such a grower. On the first listen I thought it was ok but now after a few more listens I think it is excellent. The artwork is like Derek Riggs work IMO and the production is top. This is their best album since 7th son, it just needs to be listened to a few times to really get in to it

Mickenglanduk said:
This album is such a grower. On the first listen I thought it was ok but now after a few more listens I think it is excellent. The artwork is like Derek Riggs work IMO and the production is top. This is their best album since 7th son, it just needs to be listened to a few times to really get in to it
I'm glad you've said this. I haven't heard it yet, as I pre-ordered mine online, but I felt the same way about Dance of Death. I first listened to it, I thought it was bland and uninspired. I listened to it again, and I started to hear some cool stuff going on. I put it away for a long time. Listened to it again recently; some fucking good shit going on there!

I went to Best-Buy today and they didn't even have 1 copy of it. That might be good news, if they sold all of their copies out that soon. Then again, I don't know how many copies they had to begin with so...

Mickenglanduk said:

Completely agree. LIke most of their albums you first hear it and go ok not bad ... but then you give it more and more listens and you find its a really complex layered album.

One thing I will say about this album is that I have found DOD & BNW to have stronger first halves then weaker 2nd halves.

This album is far more solid overall for me. In fact some of the best songs are the last few tracks.

MikeyBong said:
I went to Best-Buy today and they didn't even have 1 copy of it. That might be good news, if they sold all of their copies out that soon. Then again, I don't know how many copies they had to begin with so...
I'm not surprised. They probably had only a few copies, and hopefully those sold.

Yeah, I read the Blabbercockinthemouth review. I'm not surprised, either. Of course, I wish Maiden would do shorter, more kick-ass songs like it was 1985, but that's not 21st century Maiden. I'll take it for what it is.

Most inspired guitar work on a Maiden album in a long time. Jannick actually sounds GOOD on AMOLAD. Dave and Adrian being great is a given but this is the first album where Jannick doesn't come in and piss all over the songs.

...oh, hey Anthrax fans!

I have listened to it only once now and I think it is a realy solid album. I think it is way better than DoD and I dont have brave new world to compare it to. But I would put it in there top 10. Which would be hard to do. Also something interesting I got I guess the deluxe verison since it came with a dvd for 8.99 at circuit city. It said 13.99 but I noticed on the recipt it said 8.99. So you can't beat that for a great maiden cd.

fuelee2004 said:
Did you see Blabberfucks absolutely piss poor review of the album? They gave it 5.5 out if 10 and its worth way more than that, just another reason to hate this website.

5.5? Thats the new slayer record *YAWN*

I thik it's a pretty accurate review...I'd give it a 6,5 though. Sorry for going against the grain, but it's honestly how I feel about this album. I really liked the new SLAYER record a lot, not classic, but good!

I mean honestly if "piece of mind" is a 8,5-9 outof 10 album, this really is't'an 8 or even higher....