Live After Death DVD finally!

I personally have no problem watching Rock In Rio, despite the psychotic editing. And it has a longer set that includes at least half the songs on Live After Death, and it's the same line up, just with Janick added in the mix (and it's always fun watching him, especially fighting Eddie).
So, I don't really know if I should purchase this DVD, since it'll probably only be for the documentary, unless I can find some definite reason for going for it.

I personally have no problem watching Rock In Rio, despite the psychotic editing.
That's nothing compared to Donnington '92. It's like watching Megdeth's Peace Sells video at about two thirds the speed. Can't focus on anything, and when you do it switches from full colour to black and white. Was a seizure waiting to happen. Drives me nuts!

Am heading out to pick up LAD first thing tomorrow. I was lucky enough that my local video store used to carry the VHS, so have seen it countless times, but it'll be nice to see it again, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the second part of the documentary and Behind the Iron Curtain.

That's nothing compared to Donnington '92. It's like watching Megdeth's Peace Sells video at about two thirds the speed. Can't focus on anything, and when you do it switches from full colour to black and white. Was a seizure waiting to happen. Drives me nuts!

Harry bragged that RiR had more edits than Saving Private Ryan, as if number of edits is some sort of merit badge. Ugh. :puke: Just let me see the show, occasional close-ups to see solos and whatnot.

how similar is the camera work to RIO and Death on the Road ??

It was a different era. It's not nearly so frantic. Shots linger, you can see the whole stage for nearly a half minute at a time, well-considred closeups when necessary. It's really quite good.

Yeah, I thought about doing that. But I didn't want to wait. We don't have any good music stores up here so I had to go to the big retail chains. Walmart had Death on the Road, but not Live After Death. The Kmart people laughed at me. Barnes and Noble was a no-go as was Best Buy. Finally I got it at FYE.

I love not paying taxes here in NH but it would sure be nice to get some decent music stores. Whatever, I have it now. Up The Irons!