A Matter of Life & Death

Good record, nice sound (thankfully not compressed to shit like Dance of Death), cool bonus DVD!

The new Slayer record is coma-inducing.

I mean honestly if "piece of mind" is a 8,5-9 outof 10 album, this really is't'an 8 or even higher....
POM is probably one of my least fav maiden albums. trooper is cool , revalations and still life but other than that i'm not a big fan. plus it contains 2 of my least favorite maiden songs back to back. quest for fire and sun and steel. being sandwiched inbetween NOTB and Powerslave. i think it's pretty weak. i do love the 2 b-sides though cross eyed mary and dickinsons version of i've got the fire get a :kickass:

Ok, but most considder it a classic, I personally don;t like "number of the beast" at all save for some songs like "hallowed be thy name", but yuo get my point I hope ;)

Ok, I too was only somewhat impressed with the new Maiden on first listen (good but not great). But after further and further review (hasn't left my Deck for over a week now) I must admit that this a Classic Maiden Disk for sure!!
E-P-I-C is all I can come up with, not a casual disk for sure. Maiden are taking you for a ride and you better be prepared for the long Haul.
I cannot wait to see them in October, I feel like a teenager again!!!

UP THE MUTHA FUCKIN IRONS!!!

I realised why I Love the Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg so much.

The groove.

It reminds me of one of all time fav Maiden songs, Flight of Icarus.

Even right down to the studio shots in the film clip ;)

I gotta say, that Kevin Shirley deserves a huge standing Ovation for his production on this Disk as Well!!! :kickass:
This the cleanest sounding Disk I've heard in a long time (and still retains it's power level). You can hear every single tiny piece of every member crystal clear throughout and that's no small feat considering the players :OMG:
Think about it in guitarists alone, three fer christ sakes, all viaing for playing room! Plus Steve's classic rumbling, plucking fingerstyle :worship:
Nico's Killer bombastic Drumming (I think I heard him drop a drum stick on the first track) and then Bruces Siren wail vocals. And they all work togeher as a unit in the mix, it brings a tear to my Eye.

So Kevin Shirley gets a huge "UP THE FUCKIN IRONS" from me! :kickass: :headbang:

out,
t