A message from Peaceville Records

Alondate

Punisher
Apr 13, 2012
Turkey
I sent an email to the peaceville records about novembre and i got this reply.

Hi, & thanks for the mail. Unfortunately it seems Novembre split up a few years ago now, so I don’t think there is to be any more planned activity from the band. All the best.

Regards

Paul

paul@peaceville.co.uk

Peaceville Records

www.peaceville.com

I just met Giuseppe a few weeks ago. He's playing drums for The Foreshadowing now. Didn't get to talk to him much as it's kind of hard to yell in someone's ear while Marduk is playing :D Super nice guy though, and at least i got to meet 1/4 of Novembre haha

I just met Giuseppe a few weeks ago. He's playing drums for The Foreshadowing now. Didn't get to talk to him much as it's kind of hard to yell in someone's ear while Marduk is playing :D Super nice guy though, and at least i got to meet 1/4 of Novembre haha

i wish you had the chance to talk to him :) i hope they come back. novembre is my favorite band :(

Perhaps there is good news -- in case anyone missed it, Massimiliano Pagliuso just posted on his facebook that he was with Giuseppe Orlando in an Italian studio. Maybe there's nothing to is, maybe it's a different project, but it's at least worth noting I think.

I saw his post as well and it was written in the post that he was tracking drums for airlines of terror, a side project of giuseppe. Lets keep the hope up though!

I wish the band would at least try to make an official statement, I think that's pretty unprofessional of a band that I've bought albums from and love. I thought Novembre were just reaching their prime with Novembrine Waltz, Materia, and The Blue... to be honest, they're one of my favorite bands. There's just a certain tinge that Novembre have that no other band has ever replicated, mixing the genres and influences they do.

If they do end, I am indeed glad they put out The Blue, as to me, it was a little less fresh and energetic than Nobembrine Waltz or Materia, and seemed to be a very good wind-down album, but by no means did I believe the creativity of the band had died down. And to be honest, while Novembre probably aren't the top money-makers, without a doubt they have a pretty large international niche - they're a very respected band. Their name comes up in just about every metal band's "thank you" list, Travis Smith obviously likes them or he wouldn't have done the artwork this long, and the fact that they still have largely all original members and are even family was something I think created a standard of music that just can't be copied.

I mean, to be honest, this is as sad as if Opeth broke up. Novembre have been a huge part of my life, there are people who feel the same way. Hopefully someone in the band can give us some concrete news as to wether they have just taken a break for now, or if there has been an issue in the band that can't be repaired. I just hope the band is sensible enough to always consider making music again - all of the band members seem to have plenty of years left on their life.

Novembre didn't break up, i just read an interview with Carmelo (it was published last month so it's recent) and he said there will be news soon. As a fan i'm frustrated too by this lack of official infos about the band status, but i'm sure they've their reasons for this long absence, let's hope 2014 will be the year of their comeback :)