A Message To Warrel

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
Ok ...

So i just finished listening to the whole CD on your MySpace..

No Offence to Jim, Jeff and Van, but this CD blows away everything since DNB in my opinion. It really showcases what you can do man, and its like I tell everyone Warrel is the most creative vocalist in metal since Halford.

I love this fucking CD, Peter did an amazing job of writing stuff that works for your voice. Hes such a talented prick I hate him for it ... ha ha ha

The Sisters Cover brings me back to my youth man for sure, Lucretia is probably the best song in the sisters catalog, I was so hoping you would do a Siouxie cover when you 1st announced it but hey The Sisters rocked just as hard.

Congrats on all the Kudos, and just know that this is one fan you have really made happy bu giving him some Amazing music to listen to. Now tell jeff to stop palm muting so much, tell van to lay off the double kicks and keep putting shit out like this.

Just as a side note, My Wife is not a big fan of metal, but she really likes this album. Shes a classically trained pianist and really enjoys how you layer your vocals.

Thanks Again
Da Fuk'n Guru

i loved warrel album's, but dude nevermore is different and it should stay that way.

And why are everyone of you comparing it with DNB, they are totally different, especially the vox and lyrics. The vox and lyrics are what kill most of dnb for me....

Yes, Warrel's album was the ownage.

No, Nevermore should stay heavy.

Agreed they should stay heavy errr "Nevermore". But music is not a race of how many notes you can fit in a song. WD's solo is magic. DNB was magic. Jeff's will be magic I'm sure. As a band Nevermore has more talent than could possibly be hoped for, between WD's and Jeff's work hopefully we will see more songage than "look at me go!". Not that I mind "look at me go!", but some new doors have been opened for sure, lets hope they explore.

p.s. let's not forget Van and Jim for the win!

Hey,

I guess I am more a fan of Warrels work then Nevermore as a whole. The thing I love about this band is the lyrics and vocals more than anything. POE, DNB, TGE all have this lyrical quality that was missing on other albums. Warrel's solo project has all the elements of Nevermore i love. Hey guitars, good solos, and good melodies. Its also does not have the thing I hate, Ok hate is a strong word, dislike is better, The guitar wankage, overly busy drums.

My fave nevermore songs have always been the more simple stuff, the stuff without all the double bass and wankage solos.

Im just saying if Nevermore started writing more stuff like this, they may pick up some new fans, thats the point isnt it? To touch as many people as you can with your music and fill them with as much joy as you had when you made it.

Anyway, Kudos to Warrel to what I will be voting the best metal disc of the year. I cant wait to get my copy.

I have to add ... this albums lyrics have really touched me emotionally, I have listened to OLD MAN about 30 times and it reminds me alot of my grandfather. Its just a real emotional song for me. Maybe thats where all this is coming from

the record is very very good but nevermore is far superior. leave nevermore as it is. i dont understand why people complain about Jeff's "guitar wankage" (is there even such a thing?), but at the same time complain about dead heart in a dead world. jeff watering down his playing is what you ended up with in dead heart. so you cant have it both ways. it's a great album, which is besides the point. the point is keep nevermore as it is - an ass kicking heavy metal band with almost unparalleled musicianship in their field. leave the watered down more simplistic stuff to side projects - exactly what this album is. great record like i said, not near nevermore though.

Hey,

Im just saying if Nevermore started writing more stuff like this, they may pick up some new fans, thats the point isnt it? To touch as many people as you can with your music and fill them with as much joy as you had when you made it.

I think if you changed who you were to pick up more fans then you might just be selling out. Stick with what you love to play. Not with who you want to impress.

Agreed they should stay heavy errr "Nevermore". But music is not a race of how many notes you can fit in a song. WD's solo is magic. DNB was magic. Jeff's will be magic I'm sure. As a band Nevermore has more talent than could possibly be hoped for, between WD's and Jeff's work hopefully we will see more songage than "look at me go!". Not that I mind "look at me go!", but some new doors have been opened for sure, lets hope they explore.

Very well said Lynn!