a mix for my band(and shit) -HALP PLUXZ

Hey dude I've played around with it again since the new LeGion came out.
used it now, i like the guitars much more...seems to fit your DI's better than the X30.
also reworked the snare...i know its really slaty now, but i like it that way...the velocities would need work but i was too lazy to make an own non-crack snaretrack ^^
also put more low end/bass to the mix
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Mago_Sopulurn_Mix3_15-3-10.mp3

whoops, completely missed the new messages.

Thanks for the comments, I've been working on a new mix... Had to take a few days off of it. It's starting to sound decent now, the guitars sound different than before. I'll post a new mix tomorrow after I've tweaked the tone just a tad more. I tweaked it too much, and now it's disappearing in the mix. :cry: as for the clinical drums, I'll try to do something later, but I probably can't do too much to make them more realistic. Doesn't hurt to give it a try though.

Those guitars sound great Mago! I'm trying to come up with a bit more "organic" sounding guitars with the newer mix, but they're just probably going to sound shittier than those again. :lol: I'll have to ask for the settings again if everything else fails :D but I think I made some progress today, at any rate. I went to the source and removed most of the mids from TH1, and (at least I thought) it sounded a lot better.

I'm also thinking about adding the vocals in next time, but I'm not so sure about the guitars at the moment. I'd like to post a mix that's so good I could move on and add the vox. I'm gonna go sleep over it for now.

hm, I dunno something's strange on the guitars....they sound more organic, that's true, but I think there's maybe some phasing issue going on...not sure though....maybe it's some honky mids....
also I think that the mix doesn't benefit from the snare sound...should be a bit "clearer"

hm, I dunno something's strange on the guitars....they sound more organic, that's true, but I think there's maybe some phasing issue going on...not sure though....maybe it's some honky mids....
also I think that the mix doesn't benefit from the snare sound...should be a bit "clearer"

hmm... maybe some honky mids. I'll look into that. What I did notice is that the guitars lost some power, which I fixed.

Would it help if I added some more highs on the snare?

Anyway, here's a new mix with the vocals, AKA a whole new set of problems :p
I don't really feel like I'm getting them to sit in the mix. Delay isn't really helping at all. In this version, the overheads are also kinda gay now but I'm going to start working on a new version tomorrow.

There's even a deadline now, I need to complete this song for a song competition we're attending :zombie:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2314572/elake ver9.mp3

maybe a *bit* more lowmids would help the guitars.
i think they sound really nice at chords, but lack some meat while palmmuting

sounds like you got a bit too much ambientsound on the snare. i guess youre using slate, have you tried blending differen samples together?

the vocals dont sound bad, bouth the vocalist & the mixing. i'd try some less highs and some more lows to give them more balls.
growls/screams aren't that hard to mix imo. compress the shit out of them, some EQ and reverb is all that I do...I dont think growls benefit too much from delay on every part/song. it depends.

also not a fan of the Overheads tbh.

lol even a deadline doesnt make things better i guess^^
but i think it turns out good

Thanks for the tips! I appreciate it.

Currently, I'm using a S2.0 snare which I'm partially replacing (about 50/50) with a Slate sample. I've grown to notice it has too much ambience too... There's also some reverb on the snare.

The overheads do sound pretty bad, they need a bit more body. It sounds like the cymbals are like under 12"

I'll get back to work tomorrow... Thankfully this is only our first self-produced demo, it doesn't need to sound perfect... But I of course want it to sound as good as it's possible :D

Loving this dude. Sounds fecking awesome !!
Guitars sounds great.

thanks man :)

I did notice that some of the leads could come up a tad, but I can't think of anything else at the moment...

and I accidentally put way too much shitty sounding reverb on the first scream

Here's a new version. I can't think of what I could do better...

I tamed the highs, I THINK the guitars are better now, changed the snare to one I like, has a nice snap to it IMO, etc... check it! :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2314572/elake ver10.1.mp3

Guitars are REALLY cool now dude! :kickass:

snare also sounds better

Some more bass/low end may gives a bit more punch? matter of taste I guess...low end is always difficult for me....

I just think vocals and synth/strings/keyboards are too much upfront

but exept for that its really great:headbang:

Thanks man, that comment made my day :headbang:

I just raised the bass just a tad, it seems to take from the overall sound if I add it any more than a little. Took the vocals down just a little, and the synths down just a little from some parts. :lol: I'm going to DIY-master this, so I can help the low end there a bit if I can't seem to be able to raise the bass without taking from the rest of the mix. I'm going to be very subtle with the mastering though, I haven't really done it much before

I'm going to add some little things like sub-drops and stuff like that, and then post a new mix once again :D

subdrops? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo :p
i hate them hahahaha

hahaha well, I think the song needs some extra weight in a few places, which I'm not able to achieve any other way so :loco:

You were right about the low end, there wasn't enough of it. Adding a new version later :headbang: