a mix for my band(and shit) -HALP PLUXZ

1 guy, 1 sound, one guitar per side, as tight as possible. i'd also say thats the best for you at the moment.
quadtracked doesnt sound "better" necessarily, especially if you dont adjust the volume. its louder at the first moment which may sounds "better, bigger, whatever" at the first moment, but that only subjective.
also your kind of music doesnt benefit from quadtracking, at least with your guitarplayers ; )

good luck!

Well I'm set. Just gave it a try - copied two tracks to the 4 tracks I had... One track with TH1, and the other with Podfarm - and the same trick on the other side. Holy shit this is much much tighter... And I'm even satisfied with the guitar tone.

Check it out:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2314572/elakedbltrck.mp3

A few riffs still need to be replaced with a tighter one or re-recorded, but I love you guys for helping me out. <3

1 guy, 1 sound, one guitar per side, as tight as possible. i'd also say thats the best for you at the moment.
quadtracked doesnt sound "better" necessarily, especially if you dont adjust the volume. its louder at the first moment which may sounds "better, bigger, whatever" at the first moment, but that only subjective.
also your kind of music doesnt benefit from quadtracking, at least with your guitarplayers ; )

good luck!

Yeah, I don't think I have a doubt about this anymore. We're going with doubletracked guitars. Thanks guys! :)

need to make some tweaks to the guitar tones, and get the tightest performances in there, and it'll start sounding better...

yeah, i'd also say, tighten the performance and tweak the guitar tone...
its not my cup of tea, to be honest...sounds nasty somehow, i dont know^^

Could be... I didn't edit the settings, I just slapped the same ones in that were there. Still, sounds nearly as good considering there's only 2 guitars in there this time, right?

I'm gonna tweak the tone tomorrow some more, and post :) thanks for all the help!

its deffinilty better because you can finally hear what the guys were playing haha
i'm curious on the new mix haha
i think the songs would deserve a nice sound and tight playing :headbang:

no prob dude :)

I've got an updated mix, two tracks of guitar, and a lot of tweaking things.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2314572/elake3.mp3

When I'll be happy with the mix, I'm adding the leads and the synths in (there's a LOT of them) and then the vocals that we recorded last night. So you guys will be hearing these elements, as well as the rest of the song soon :D

a LOT LOT better dude! youre heading in the right direction!
have you got the bass and guitars as DI? if you dont mind i'd really like to give it a shot mixing, maybe i can help you with some stuff if i try some things out.
just if you want to of course ; )
cheers!

a LOT LOT better dude! youre heading in the right direction!
have you got the bass and guitars as DI? if you dont mind i'd really like to give it a shot mixing, maybe i can help you with some stuff if i try some things out.
just if you want to of course ; )
cheers!

Thanks!

Yeah, I do, I can upload them for ya... Any help would be awesome. Not really sure how I could make the guitars any better from here, apart from EQing them a bit more. I only own TH1 and PodFarm, no good free ampsims for a Mac guy

Sounds really good, clear and powerful, but maybe you might tweak that guitar tone a bit more (or post EQ it). I think you did the right thing going with dual tracking.

Thanks! I'm going to keep tweaking it. What do you think the tone is lacking?

I did notice some highs of that tone pretty much disappeared when the clip was played through my friend's 2.1 system, I guess I'm going to boost them a bit more?

I'd like to check this shit out when there's leads and synths. sounds diggity

Thanks man, I'm glad people are interested in our new stuff! Can't wait to post more of it.

I've been busting my ass on a new mix, and I didn't feel like posting it until I would have REALLY achieved something new. FINALLY, I think I've made a huge leap forward from the previous mix I posted. What do you guys think? How do the guitars sound, and the mix overall so far?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2314572/elake ver7.mp3

It's the full song, I might still add some synths, and I didn't add the vocals in just yet, let me know what you think about it please. :kickass: it's the best mix I've ever done so far, but I guess there's nothing wrong with trying to get it better still? At present, I'm not happy with some of the leads, and I'm pretty sure the kick drum disappears at times no matter what I do. I'm probably going to sidechain it with the bass.

Props to Mago for helping me out with some stuff a bit. Not sure if these guitars sound quite as large as in your mix, but I'm starting to think these will suffice. Still, they could use a little more presence...

Dude, if you have slate, I'd replace the drums and then turn them up a tad. That would help tremendously. Also the bass could use a little more compression.

Thanks. :) Actually, the snare and the kick, as well as the ride bell, are all now Slate. Maybe I didn't choose the right samples. I don't want to use Slate on toms or most of the cymbals though, but I could turn them up even more.

You're probably right about the bass, and I also noticed the mix might need a bit more low end.

That snare is slate? Which sample? And what/ how much reverb are you using on it?
Regardless, it definately could go up.

The bass could use more low end, and then come down a tad.

The kick could come up a little too. Basically the guitars are overpowering the drums, which is taking away from it being super sweet and heavy.
But it's a really nice improvement over where you started.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll work on them tomorrow.

The snare is the three samples from the three snare rock patch. I liked the sound and it seemed to fit most of our songs, this one was actually the hardest song to fit it in. It doesn't have much reverb, if at all, except from the slow parts of the song. I also have a snare in S2.0 to give it a bit more snap. I'll work on the snare a bit more.

finally i hear how the song continues ; )
the mix gets better every time dude srsly!

i like the guitars, they just need a little finetuning imo...the drums sound a bit flat, the'd need some more power, esp. the snare. try to compress them a more
I'd also edit the guitar a tad tighter at some parts
sythns are cool but too loud
bass sounds great imo, but somehow the overall mix misses some punch even if there is enough nass in there...
turns out great bro! cheers