A month to go/Studio news

Spent the last couple of days working on the orchestration for the longer tracks on the album and it's going really well!

Today is bass guitar and tomorrow is more rhythm guitars. Friday I will continue on the orchestration

Symphony said:
It's always noticeable on a lot of power metal records that the bass is not given much attention....you can hardly hear it sometimes!

Totally agree, I made that that mistake on our CD. Spent lots of time on the guitars/drums, not enough on the Bass.

...which is stupid 'cos I am the bass player. it's difficult to get the bass/guitar balance right, especially if the guitars are tuned down to B. They tend to fill up the old audio spectrum !

Symphony said:
It's always noticeable on a lot of power metal records that the bass is not given much attention....you can hardly hear it sometimes! Fear not.......we'll be aiming to get all instruments heard!

Fucking righteous, bro :cool:

Well Alessio and Andrea arrive in the UK tomorrow for 2 weeks hard graft in the studio. Can't wait to hit the studio on Monday with these guys! Consummate pros!

The material is sounding great so far. Listening to a few tracks that have keys, bass, drums and rhythm guitars down...it sounds a lot more powerful than the first album. I hope you guys will agree when you hear it!

Andrea has started recording some rhythm guitar parts and it is sounding awesome! We'll do some more guitars today and possibly start some vocals as well.

I hope to bring you some more info about the songs that are being recorded soon too.

Lead vocals are going well. Alessio has completed 5 songs so far and we have also started on the guitar solos too.

Next week we hope to complete lead vocals, solos and the remainder of the bass guitar. That will leave the final week to complete the keyboard work and for the guest appearances.

anvil said:
Sounds great so far !:headbang:

Alessio has been singing so well that we have decided to do a bonus cover song

well keep you posted on that one

also steve s is doing a video for the web site

he need to know which song do you want the video too ?

either wings or glory tonight ?

:loco:

looseunit said:
also steve s is doing a video for the web site

he need to know which song do you want the video too ?

:loco:

Now hang on a minute. I notice that Mercury Rain announce that they're shooting a vid over the next couple of months, and within a couple of days PQ and 4WK both announce promo vids...

Co-incidence ?? LOL

btw - please cover 'Jolene' by Dolly Parton.

We've also completed the interviews/studio footage for the multimedia segment we have been working on. Just a case of editing the thing and putting it all together...that's one job I'm glad I don't have to do.

There are some very funny out takes from this as well that I hope we can use in the future

Symphony said:
We've also completed the interviews/studio footage for the multimedia segment we have been working on. Just a case of editing the thing and putting it all together...that's one job I'm glad I don't have to do.

There are some very funny out takes from this as well that I hope we can use in the future

Should be cool mate

Ok...quick studio update for you. All the lead vocals are now completed and the guitar solos should be finished by close of play today as well!! Woo hoo!

Tomorrow we will begin work on bv's and start preparing for guest appearances etc. 7 studio days left after today!