"A natural disaster" Countdown

Nina said:
No one got a promo yet I guess... weird.

About the typical MTV clips, breasts, swimming pools and cars and stuff, Anathema should do one with a "slight" ironic touch... I mean, I bet MTV would play it, the stupid f*ckers.

Anyway, I don't have a good feeling about this album. I'm afraid it will be too atmospheric and stuff like that, but I didn't had a good feeling about Moonspell's 'The Antidote' too, and I'm very surprised because it's an astonishing good album, no 'Darkness and Hope'-crap anymore, Moonspell is back in full power. Errmmm, but we were talking about Anathema, right. Well, usually I do write the reviews for stuff like that, so I'm anxiously waiting for 'The Natural Disaster'...

I just hope it will not be Anathema's 'Viva Emptiness'. :erk:
i'd be interested to hear what you think of the album after you have heard it like, 10 times or something.
'too athmosheric?' 'too experimental?'

'too real' more like :erk:

and its about time we stopped getting compared to moonspell and my dying bride. oh well i suppose we'll have to change the band and the name to do that.

pagan2002 said:
i'd be interested to hear what you think of the album after you have heard it like, 10 times or something.
'too athmosheric?' 'too experimental?'

'too real' more like :erk:

Anathema is one of my favorite bands since years ago with The Silent Enigma, and still is today with A Fine Day To Exit, so be sure I will listen the new album at least 10 times before judging it...

What's wrong with 'too real' anyway?

Edit: I didn't compare any band here to MDB or Moonspell, it was just an example.

I like all sorts of music and using the words 'atmospheric' and 'real' when talking about anathema music is simply great to me, judging by the past albums. I'd describe alternative 4 as 'real' and judgement as 'atmospheric'. Does it have any of that soothing atmospheric shit going on? or is it more of a harsh in yer face sound?

it's all about vast forests and silent waters these days, isn't it... stupid fuckin' kids man... :erk:

ghost.gif

Strangelight said:
why are Moonspell being mentioned alongside Anathema?

A Dying Wish/Alma Mater, anyone?

it happend earlier this year while Anathema was playing right here. finishing off with this great song, band left the stage, lights on and stuff, i hear this guy talking to somebody (obviously not very familiar with the band): 'that last track, it sounds like 'Alma Mater''.

i laughed. but it stuck on my mind so i searched for said track.
and to my great surprise both tracks have basically the same main riff (with the exception that Moonspell sounds shit) - you can tell it right from the start of the track. :yell:

wtf is that? they ripped it? found some discogs and Moonspell's cd was also out 1995. :hotjump:

other than that i see no similarities...

theres a difference of a few months between both albums. and alma mater is a good song. 'wolfheart' a good album. i like it even more than tse. nem.

ehehehhe.i had noticed it too back then and tried to tell people to listen and compare the two tracks.The main reaction came from Mehdi,behaving typically Mehdi-cally and saying "no no no!!":lol: :lol: we didnt even know each other back then.:lol:

thing is that the two bands were on tour together at that time,before silent enigma/wolfheart were released.Danny told us that Duncan hadnt ever listened to moonspell before.

Im pretty sure that the lousy moonspeliac heard duncan strum a melody in the bus and ripped it right away.fag:( eheh however it happened tho,Dying Wish is the original for me.and me fave song too:Spin

its a coincidence, though i dont believe in coincidences. i like wolfheart, and i dont like tse. i mean its okay but there it ends.
and the riff is not the 'same'. i know about the simelarity because i payed attention to both riffs, and ok yeah. but i never heard it before then. cause its too different.

note:
if theres anybody still considering buying tse, go for wolfheart. nem.

it's just the casual thanks thing every band does when they start. they thank everyone, even bands no one has ever heard of.

alma mater is the best moonspell song i've heard. but moonspell have very little in common with anathema musicaly i reckon. tse is much heavier than wolfheart for example.

Oh oh oh, so this is what happens if someone accidentually drops the name Moonspell at the Anathema board... should keep it in mind. :Smug:

Anyway, Moonspell and Anathema are both great bands, depends a bit on my mood which one I like most. And they are totally different, always been.