A Natural Disaster, the best since Eternity

Strangelight said:
whats the link with Eternity and AND? I dont see it like
No, I don't think there's any kind of link. But people I know usually like AND if their favorite anathema album is Eternity. Those who prefer Alt4 don't like AND so much. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I just noticed that :):)

Mariner said:
i did... its just maths. what are the weak points of both albums and when you compare them judgement gets more and bigger negative points :eek:

eh sorry for changing me mind like :)

oh its okay, its just funny it took you 4 years to figure that out :tickled:

was. but i said was/is cause its been one of the few important albums for me. which means that it changed me life a bit. and in fact thats quite stupid cause there isnt much on the album that should ve strucked me. anyway.

alternative 4 is the best anathema album in my opinion.

and will never be beaten with songs like empty, lost control and danny's inner silence... I liked the albums that followed but not as much as A4.

I agree that "AND" is a masterpiece. It has all of the glorious atmosphere & 'feeling' that Anathema records prior to "AFDTE" contained (please note that I love AFDTE, but felt that it was 'missing something').

Anyway, in my view, NOTHING tops ALT 4. I find it to be, perhaps, the single best CD of the 90s (along with MDB's "Swans").

I know it ain't exactly popular to say this arround here, but I've always had a tough time with A4, so bitter, beautiful too, but still, especially that line "I've let your tiny minds magnify my agony", it just doesn't sit well with me, with all respect to Dunc, I know I'll never have a clue what it was written about, but blaming others for one's downfall is a pet hate of mine, just never saw any use in it.

However, A4 has grown on me the past year.

"Eternity" would still be my pick, but I'm such a fanboy, I like them all :erk: .