A new Maiden tour rumour

Slayer actually went to number 2 the week God Hates Us All was released Blitzy, so id say just about every person at the show would have had a copy...

Because, again, Kiss fans are idiots :) These people keep the Kiss merchandising machine going. They are the people that allowed Kiss condoms, Kiss caskets and so on. If they packaged Pauls shit, they would buy it :)

Great song that Unholy though :headbang:

But everyone knows Kiss. That's what sells a concert.
No-one knows Maiden anymore.

Bull shit know one knows maiden any more. My mate was DJing at a 23rd birthday party full of pill heads, i got him to play Waisted Years and the whole party went bezerk
I have no idea how these kids knew the song but there you go.

Spawn, weren't you just saying how charts mean fuck all in this country? So Slayer making it top 40 for a couple of weeks doesn't really mean anything, just that some die hard fans all bought it in the same week and it made number 2. Also, I went to the show, and I don't own the album, and I would see them again without owning the album, and I am sure there are others like me.

KISS is another good example.

As for people not knowing Maiden, I went on some general music forums this morning looking for info on Livid and lots of people were talking about them, saying they put on a good show etc and that RIR is a great live DVD etc. I think them playing a festival would be more successful than you give them credit for.

Blitzkrieg said:
Spawn, weren't you just saying how charts mean fuck all in this country? So Slayer making it top 40 for a couple of weeks doesn't really mean anything, just that some die hard fans all bought it in the same week and it made number 2. Also, I went to the show, and I don't own the album, and I would see them again without owning the album, and I am sure there are others like me.

KISS is another good example.

As for people not knowing Maiden, I went on some general music forums this morning looking for info on Livid and lots of people were talking about them, saying they put on a good show etc and that RIR is a great live DVD etc. I think them playing a festival would be more successful than you give them credit for.
Blitzy, do you even read my posts? I was saying the charts DO mean something, a band that goes in at 20 and disappears 2 weeks later isnt well known. What I said was, Maiden went to 20, which is about 2000 copies if they are lucky, in fact id say its even less if 9500 can make number 1. Slayer went to 2, thats about 8500/9000 copies. (The Slayer album was only out for 4 days also).

Slayer is far more well known than Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden is not that well known here at all. They havent toured here in over a decade, they dont get their videos shown on television, they dont play their songs on radio. If Iron Maiden are known at all, its because the guy in Sum 41 wears their tshirts or something like that.

Blitzy, if someone says "I used to be into them" that doesnt mean they will buy a ticket to watch them play. It means they WOULD HAVE BACK THEN :)

Sorry if I misunderstood about the charts, it is just that people bag them out here all the time and say you need to sell fuck all to make the charts (which is probably true), but yeah.

When I said people say they 'used to be into them', there is two kinds of people, the ones who used to be fans but aren't now so probably wouldn't go see them now (or might, who knows), and there is the kind that still dig the older stuff, but haven't heard an album since FOTD or earlier. These are like the Metallica fans that own nothing after The Black Album, but would still be first in line to buy a ticket for a gig. This is where the charts are no reflection of ticket sales, as there would be alot of fans like this.

I'm not sure about Slayer being more well known than Maiden, they probably are at the moment as they charted better etc, but as I said earlier, Maiden have alot of cred for being an influence on alot of modern bands. Heaps of modern bands, from System Of A Down to The Living End site Maiden as a huge influence and wear their shirts at gigs etc. This will make kids that will be attending the festival somewhat interested in what Maiden would have to show for themselves.

Anyways, all I was trying to say was that this wouldn't be a huge failure if Maiden were to play the gig. Some people would turn up to see them, others would already be there and give them a chance.

It wouldnt be a huge failure, I wasnt saying that, but sticking Iron Maiden onto Livid isnt going to suddenly make it the hottest ticket in the country either! You have to stop comparing them to Metallica, Metallica is pretty much the biggest band in the entire WORLD (outside of boybands and stuff), people go to see them on name only. Maiden are nowhere even close to being anywhere near even miles away from how popular Metallica is here.

For crying out loud, Slayer is way more popular here than Iron Maiden Blitzy!