A new Maiden tour rumour

That is what we are trying to tell you Spawn, there is alot more Maiden fans about than some people realise. Sure, some of them might not be into them anymore, others might not have the last few albums but would still go to the gig, others are hardcore fans like some of us here.

Remember, ARIA charts don't count a lot of stores. There would be many JBs that would have sold alot of Maiden that aren't ARIA stores.

I think someone should organise a hard rock/metal festival. If it had plenty of popular bands (like Bon Jovi, The Darkness, etc) as well as some of the more old school legendary bands (like Maiden, Deep Purple, Slayer) then it could actually get a decent crowd. For example.

The chances of that happening in this country are less than zero spiff. The local music industry hates heavy rock. You've only got to look at the way people like Ian Dickson treat anyone who even hints at being a heavy rock fan to get this. The irony is that heavy rock isn't that hard to market because the scene is so vast there's something in it that could appeal to just about anyone.

The money needed up front for a show like that would be astronomical Spiffo, it wont ever happen.

Yep, but sticking Marduk on a Doro bill was a bit weird, as was them picking Doro over Blaze :confused: It was good they tried and I guess they thought the more diversified the groups the better, but there werent enough black metal bands to make it a worthwhile trip interstate for black metal fans and there werent enough power metal bands to make it worth it for power metal fans etc.

Goreripper said:
The chances of that happening in this country are less than zero spiff. The local music industry hates heavy rock. You've only got to look at the way people like Ian Dickson treat anyone who even hints at being a heavy rock fan to get this. The irony is that heavy rock isn't that hard to market because the scene is so vast there's something in it that could appeal to just about anyone.
Well that's just sad then. But that's why I suggested some commercial bands, y'know.

Phloggy and Spawn, you are both sort of correct. :) Unfortunately the bill that was assembled really wasn't strong enough as it mostly consisted of niche bands like Marduk who'd be lucky to pull 500 people at a stand alone show. Something like Spiff has suggested would possibly work if it were possible and workable to organise an Ozzfest-style event with really big name and not necessarily metal bands like Metallica, Korn, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, System of a Down and that ilk, along with a second stage featuring bands like Dimmu and Nevermore, for example. But the cost of an event like this would keep most Australian promoters from even attempting it, so we can just dream on, I guess.

I think Marduk played with Testament in London last year, right? (Along with a bunch of other bands).

If it was them, then they fucking sucked. Worst. Live. Band. Ever.

On topic: I don't see Maiden ever touring Australia again. I mean, shit, they've had promoters begging them and throwing money at them, and management still won't bite. *shrug*

I gave up hope... gee, I guess I never really did have hope, especially after their last Australian tour which consisted of Sydney and Melbourne. I got into them the year after they last played Brisbane. :( Typical.

I remember getting a SIT tour shirt with AU/NZ on the back (while they were still touring), and saving my money for when the tickets would inevitably go on sale...

:cry: CUNTS!