A new Maiden tour rumour

Yeah I know Metallica are hugely more popular than any other metal band, my comparison was more that people attend their shows without owning their newer material. KISS was perhaps a better example.

I dunno, putting Maiden on a bill that has more 'alternative' type of bands could be the best way to bring them over.

Kiss put on the greatest show on earth (tm) Half the audience is women. Loads of older people see them. Fatty Vautin went to see them play last tour. Kiss fans pay $300 a ticket. THERE IS NO COMPARISON AGAIN!

Yes, putting Maiden on a festival bill is the only way to get them here, but you watch, even if Livid did make an offer, theres no way Maiden will accept as it will be too small.

Why does this one have more substance? Just because it's remotely realistic? For a rumour to have substance you would have to have heard something on the grapevine which helps to strengthen it. All we've heard is that they're just concentrating on festivals from now on.

I think Maiden's absolute refusal to promote themselves in this country for the past 15 years would severely hurt ticket sales. Why can Slayer, Metallica and Kiss continue to play here? Because they’ve keep their fans interested.

I do appreciate your debating technique's though. Regurgitating the same crap over and over again in an attempt to make it seem right. Good work, you didn't manage to convince anyone other than yourself though.

I was just trying to clarify what I was saying, and in doing so, saying it in a different way. I wasn't trying to change what I was saying by introducing new material, so it wasn't exactly a debate. All I was trying to say was that having Maiden play the festival would likely be successful.

I have never been to livid so i don't know what sort of crowd it normally attracts but, most of the festival crowd are very willing to check out bands that they don't know much about on reputation. Once word starts spreading that **** band is wicked live, people get hyped up and they check them out.

In fact that’s the whole point of festivals, to check out bands you wouldn't normally see.

I reckon on top of just about every maiden fan in australia, there are a lot more than you think.

You would get all the regular livid goers as well

That does not mean that the rumours have any truth to them of course

Its at Livid, of course you would get all the regular Livid Festival goers!

What is WITH you people? :lol: