A Perfect Circle

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Even in this year of flat out incredible extreme metal, the new APC, Thirteenth Step is flirting with album of the year. I love Mer De Noms, but there was always something a little lacking with it for me. Not so with the new one.

Review up at http://www.royalcarnage.com :)

I think it's dull and lifeless. After hearing dredg last year, I have no desire to ever hear another Maynard project again as dredg has so completely upstaged Tool that it isn't funny. And the cover of The Nurse Who Loved Me is one of the worst covers of all time.

Oh you're always such a ray of sunshine Luminous. :)

I'll have to agree though that SOME of the album is dull (Nurse), some seems to serve no purpose but beef up the total play time (Lullaby), and that while still good overall, this album is a step back.

The Noose is my favorite, by far. The Nurse Who Loved Me cracks me up!

I think the filler songs are really fitting (which I guess, would not make them filler ;) ).

The Nurse Who Loves Me puts me to sleep. That's the opposite, of course, of the amazing original, which is one of the best rock songs of all time. It fucking rocks, it's a great sort of progressive space rock song, and APC completely removed any progression from the song and made it a gay keyboard based travesty.

NAD said:
Even in this year of flat out incredible extreme metal, the new APC, Thirteenth Step is flirting with album of the year. I love Mer De Noms, but there was always something a little lacking with it for me. Not so with the new one.

Yes,i also agree on the new APC album,i think it sounds excellent aside from ,heh,everything else I listen to.The cover for 'the nurse who loved me' sounds kinda bad though.
But album of the year?..i am not sure..Actually,with all the horse shit they play in the commercial world..probably..

The Thirteenth Step is so drab, so dull, that I sold it the weekend after I purchased it at Best Buy for $9.99. It wasn't even worth ten bucks! "Weak and Powerless" is just that, may as well have been the album title. What a MAJOR step backward. There was one decent song on it. And no Paz, either! This sissy side-group needs to blow away, and Maynard, get back to TOOL-in' willya? Stop fucking around.