A post-christmas Anathema story

Allan

New Metal Member
Jun 22, 2003
Copenhagen
Visit site
I got on a train, about as close to nowhere as you can get in Denmark, very early this morning. Opposite me this 18-20ish girl was seated, perfect (not overdone) make-up and clothes at such an ungodly time in such a remote place.

Anyway, I was sleepy man and listened to "Lights Out" and noticed her seeming attentive towards it, I didn't give it much attention at the time, I figured that however tragic it may sound, I was the most interesting thing on a near empty train in darkest Jutland.

An hour later I put on "AND" and she noticeably lit up, the train had become kind of crowded now we had reached lass dark Jutland, otherwise I'm sure she'd even spoken of the matter. A little later she got her bag and pulled out the cover of an Anathema cd she'd been listening to, while smiling at me.

An hour later, she got off the now overcrowded train, giving me a seemingly accepting smile.

This morning, somewhere near nowhere Denmark, 2 strangers listened to Anathema on a train, I liked that.

As closing remarks I'll add a quote that's been on my mind lately: "Reserving judgements is a matter of infinite hope".

And the cd she listened to was "Judgement" :) .

I liked this, but she might be crying along to "Anyone, anywhere?" as we speak :p .

It sure tops my first encounter with an unfamiliar countryman that liked Anathema though, after my smalltalkish (was at work) remark about not seeing Anathema shirts very often in Denmark, he looked at me condescendingly and said "Anatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeema".

true - it was about anathema and infinite hope, but still let me have my infinite hope that people get together under unconventional circumstance and live happily ever after.......*drifts away and dreams of strange bloke*

Allan said:
:p I was sleepy man, plus stylish girls get me nervous.

Besides, this wasn't a about the girl, it was about Anathema and infinite hope :yell:
ah, don't give me this third grade bollox. you're a guy, she's a girl, there's nothing more to it.

and then they wonder why people "drift away" from each other... :Smug:

i hope next time you'll represent your sex in the correct manner soldier! :mad: :D

sol83 said:
ah, don't give me this third grade bollox. you're a guy, she's a girl, there's nothing more to it.

and then they wonder why people "drift away" from each other... :Smug:

i hope next time you'll represent your sex in the correct manner soldier! :mad: :D

Yeah, I know :erk: . I'll go listen to "Anyone, anywhere" now :D .