A Question for Katatoni experts....

Well, I just bought Sounds of Decay for $10.99 brand new in my local shop. Just curious. Thanks, Light

Bear in mind, though, that the ORIGINAL '97 issue of Sounds of Decay is much, much rarer than the re-release (and slightly modified -- the design of the digipak has minor differences [such as the font of the backside of the case]) of 2001.

I have the original.

Naturally.

Tonight's Music isn't rare at all.

Originally posted by phyre
I didn't know about that. Can you explain the differences in more detail?

Well, eh, no, since I only have the original issue, and have just seen the new edition in a record store. But what I do remember is that:

1)the material of the digipak is slightly 'smoother' (quite a hazy term), and also a bit more shiny (so they've changed the material a bit, I guess)
2)the font in the bottom of the backcover (where the copyright info et cetera are) has been changed; it's much more clearer in the new issue.

So the differences are quite non-existant, but still, you CAN tell the difference.

What about Teargas?? Is that rare?

I remember when that guy in the music store tried to tell me that you can only get 'Tonight's Music' as a bonus with 'Last Fair Deal'....

Wanker...

2)the font in the bottom of the backcover (where the copyright info et cetera are) has been changed; it's much more clearer in the new issue.

Cool, that means I've got the original one 'cause it's almost impossible to decipher the copyright stuff on the backcover of my copy o_O

Teargas ain't that rare either, it's still very easy to get new (at least here in Finland).

Could someone who has bought the re-issued Sounds of Decay inform me if it actually has both release years printed on it or just '97?

Edit:

Ummm... I think it's better when I open a new thread for this... "Ordering Sounds Of Decay" - sorry for this useless post! ;)

Originally posted by phyre
That would mean I probably have the original as well as the copyright text is basically extremely dark brown on black and pretty much unreadable.
Same for me! I hardly ever noticed there was text in the first place, it's so blurry! I mean, what morron puts minuscule dark brown letters on a black background... :guh:

I've sold Sounds of decay as I don't like the voice/singing on that record. Anyway i will get the songs soon again since they will be included on "Brave yester days: A kompendium"