rare katatonia stuff...

Frith

Jun 20, 2002
Aveta, Sweden
I've been into Katatonia for 4 years now, and last week I got the last record for my katatonia collection...what I know. have allt the albums/ep's wich are on the katatonia deadsite. (3 of them on both cd & vinyl) Is there anything ultra rare that are NOT presentated on the webbsite?? in that case...let me know...

Can't get on the deadsite for some reason but theres the 'Saw You Drown' MCD and the 10" of Scarlet Heavens split with Primordial. They are both fairly rare. And then theres the compilation albums with unique Katatonia tracks on, theres a couple of those I think.

MindMorgue.

well, i've got the "saw you drown" MCD. but not the split with primordial. what kind of unique tracks is on those compilation albums then? i'm not that fond of compilation albums, but if there are some katatonia tunes, not heard by me, i sould get hold of 'em! thanx...

the split with Primordial has the track "Scarlet heavens".
And on the W.A.R compilation there are Black Erotica (which is another version of "12") and "Love of the Swan".
I downloaded these songs from the internet, since I lost all my hope to find this rare stuff.
Anyways it seems that avantguarde will release an album with some of this rare stuff (included the demo jhwa elohim meth).

Originally posted by ether
the split with Primordial has the track "Scarlet heavens".
And on the W.A.R compilation there are Black Erotica (which is another version of "12") and "Love of the Swan".
I downloaded these songs from the internet, since I lost all my hope to find this rare stuff.
Anyways it seems that avantguarde will release an album with some of this rare stuff (included the demo jhwa elohim meth).

this song "love of the swan", from wich katatonia-era?? (if you could say so) when is this tune recorded??

I think Love of the Swan dates 1994, it's a transiction period from the style of FFTC and the BMD era.
The song it's quite unusual, like Scarlet heavens, perhaps still in the vein of FFTC.
I think Jonas is singing on it (growls)....
Anyways I really like this song!

And on the W.A.R compilation there are Black Erotica (which is another version of "12") and "Love of the Swan". I downloaded these songs from the internet, since I lost all my hope to find this rare stuff.

Hehe, I got the WAR compilation :p :) :hotjump:

The song it's quite unusual, like Scarlet heavens, perhaps still in the vein of FFTC. I think Jonas is singing on it (growls)....Anyways I really like this song!

I think L.O.T.S. doesn't sound much like Scarlet Heavens. That track is unique. By the way, if you're looking for stuff that's somewhat similar to S.H., get yourself "Under a clouded sky" by Bay Laurel. Yet another great band from Sweden; it's a pity that hardly anybdy knows them...

Love Of The Swan is one of their weakest tracks though, in my opinion.

It would be great to have a complete list of everything that has ever been released by Katatonia. I think it's almost impossible to collect everything because there is just so much. There's a vinyl version of BMD (I didn't know this until just recently) and who knows how much other stuff is around. I wonder how many Ihva Elohim Meth cassettes (the blue ones) and how many different Katatonia shirts have been made.

There's a vinyl version of BMD (I didn't know this until just recently)

ok, i didn't know about the "brave murder day" vinyl... the vinlyls I've got is jhva elohim meth, for funerals to come, discouraged ones...is there many more?? damn...

You mentioned Bay Laurel. I love their album "where pain comes to die", especially the song pale colours

ok, i didn't know about the "brave murder day" vinyl... the vinlyls I've got is jhva elohim meth, for funerals to come, discouraged ones...is there many more?? damn...

Well, there's the 10"-split with Primordial. But as far as I know, that's it. Although you never know...

You mentioned Bay Laurel. I love their album "where pain comes to die", especially the song pale colours

Yeah, that's a great album. But their earlier stuff is also very good. I just got "Under a clouded sky" (bought it blindly) and I must say it's a lot better than I had expected. I wonder if they'll put out another album. Their official page hasn't been updated in months...:(

Originally posted by the_joy_of_grief
Hehe, I got the WAR compilation :p :) :hotjump:
Me too! It's a great compilation, it also has an unreleased (demo?) version of Dark Tranquillity's "Punish My Heaven", which is a little faster and more furious than the final album version.

It has 2 amazing unreleased Eucharist tracks as well ("Wounded and Alone" and "The Predictable End"), but those tracks are included on the "Velvet Creation" re-issue I saw...

i once beheld an extremely super ultra rare misprinted for funerals to come ep (im almost postive that was the one) ...the text was the wrong color or something. like all dark and purple to where you could barely read it. and the cd itself was the wrong color.